Masking regions are view-specific graphics that can be used to obscure elements in a view. Annotate tab Detail panel Region drop-down (Masking Region)
How do you use the masking region in Revit?
Add a Masking Region to a Project View
- Click Annotate tab Detail panel Region drop-down (Masking Region).
- Click Modify | Create Filled Region Boundary tab Line Style panel, and select the boundary line style from the Line Styles drop-down list.
- Sketch the masking region (or regions).
What is region in Revit?
The Filled Region tool creates a 2-dimensional, view-specific graphic with a boundary line style and fill pattern within the closed boundary. The tool is useful for defining a filled area in a detail view or for adding a filled region to an annotation family. The filled region is parallel to the view’s sketch plane.
How do you shade an area in Revit?
- Open a floor plan view or section view.
- Click Annotate tab Color Fill panel (Legend).
- Click in the drawing area to place the color fill legend.
- In the Choose Space Type and Color Scheme dialog, select the space type and color scheme, and click OK.
Why is masking region not working in Revit?
Verify that the Region is at the “Front” of the detail. Select the masking region, and in the Modify|Detail Items tab pick the Bring to Front tool. 2. Verify that Visual Style in the View Control bar is set to Hidden Line.
Why is the masking region tool useful?
Masking regions may be useful in scenarios like the following: You need to obscure elements in a project. You are creating a detail family or a model family and need the background of the element to mask the model and other detail components when it is loaded into a project.
How do I find my plan region in Revit?
Click View tab Graphics panel (Visibility/Graphics). In the Visibility/Graphics dialog, click the Annotation Categories tab. Scroll to the Plan Region category. Select or clear the check box to show or hide the plan region.
How do you use regions in Revit?
Click Annotate tab Detail panel Region drop-down (Filled Region). Click Modify | Create Filled Region Boundary tab Line Style panel, and select a boundary line style from the Line Styles drop-down. Sketch the region using the sketch tools on the Draw panel. For example, you might sketch a square region.
Where are the PAT files in Revit?
pat files in the following location: %ProgramFiles%AutodeskAutodesk Revit 2018Data. The revit metric. pat file contains various metric masonry and iso patterns. Click Manage tab Settings panel Additional Settings drop-down Fill Patterns.
How do you colorize a room in Revit?
Create a Color Scheme
- Select a color fill legend and, on the Modify | Color Fill Legends tab, click Edit Scheme. …
- In the Edit Color Scheme dialog, select the category for which to create a color scheme: …
- Select an existing scheme. …
- In the New color scheme dialog, enter a name for the new color scheme, and click OK.
How do I turn off color scheme in Revit?
On the Edit Color Schemes dialog, select the category and the color scheme to edit. You can edit the Color Scheme property for the view to select a different color scheme or remove the color scheme from the view.