You cannot pick and choose which system families to transfer. The only viable option is to transfer ALL the view templates across and then purge out the templates that are not required, meaning duplication of effort and wasted time.
Can you save a view template in Revit?
See Graphic Display Options. Click Save as View Template. In the New View Template dialog, enter a name for the template, and click OK.
How do I apply a template to an existing project in Revit?
- Open the Revit project file (RVT). …
- Save As a template file (.rte)
- Remove items from the template that will not be re-used on all/most new projects.
- Place in your designated template directory.
- Set Starting view.
- In Revit Options>File Locations>Project template files, promote new template to the top if desired.
How do I manage a view template in Revit?
- Click View tab Graphics panel View Templates drop-down Manage View Templates.
- In the View Templates dialog, under View Templates, use the Discipline filter and the View type filter to limit the list of view templates. …
- In the Names list, select the view template to use as a starting point for the new template.
How do I use Revit templates?
Location of project templates
- Create the project templates that you want to include in the list.
- Click File tab Options.
- Click the File Locations tab.
- Add one or more templates to the Project templates list, as follows: Click (Add Value). …
- Rearrange the list to put templates in the desired order.
How do I access a view template in Revit?
To access view template properties, click View tab Graphics panel View Templates drop-down Manage View Templates.
How do I download a Revit library?
How to Find and Use Autodesk Material Libraries in Your Revit Projects
- Find the Revit material library you want to download. …
- Download the material library file (. …
- Load the material library into your Revit project. …
- Apply your new Revit materials. …
- Rinse and Repeat.
What is the default destination folder of templates in Revit?
There are default templates installed in either Revit ArchitectureImperial Library or Revit ArchitectureMetric Library.
What is a Revit template file?
A project template can include view templates, loaded families, defined settings (such as units, fill patterns, line styles, line weights, view scales, and more), and geometry, if desired. … As installed, Revit provides several templates for different disciplines and types of building projects.
What are view templates?
A view template is a collection of view properties, such as view scale, discipline, detail level, and visibility settings. Use view templates to apply standard settings to views. View templates can help to ensure adherence to office standards and achieve consistency across construction document sets.
How do I copy a view template?
Select the appropriate view type for the template you are creating. In the Names list, select the view template to use as a starting point for the new template. Click (Duplicate). In the New View Template dialog, enter a name for the template, and click OK.