How do I change the default settings in Solidworks?
Setting Default Units Options
- Click Simulation > Options. …
- Under Unit system, select SI (International System of Units), English (U.S. Customary Unit System), or Metric (gravitational system of units).
- Under Units, select the desired units for Length/Displacement, Temperature, Angular velocity, and Pressure/Stress.
Where are Solidworks default templates located?
Default File Locations
|File Type||Default Location|
|Document Templates 1||C:ProgramDataSOLIDWORKSSOLIDWORKS version templates|
|Document Templates 2||C:Program FilesSOLIDWORKS CorpSOLIDWORKSlangenglishTutorial|
|Bend Table Template||C:Program FilesSOLIDWORKS CorpSOLIDWORKSlangenglish|
How do I change the existing drawing template in Solidworks?
Change existing drawings to a NEW template.
- Open existing drawing.
- Right Mouse Button (RMB) on the drawing and choose Properties.
- In the Sheet Properties dialog box choose to browse for the new format.
- Browse to the folder where sheet formats were saved.
How do I change the default overall drafting standard in Solidworks?
You can specify an overall drafting standard that provides defaults for all detailing options.
To select an overall standard:
- Click Options (Standard toolbar).
- Select Drafting Standard from the Document Properties tab.
- Select an overall standard. You can also change, load, or save the overall drafting standard.
Can I change a part template in SolidWorks?
This can be done by file, open (change your file type to Template), browse to the folder where your existing part template is stored or by file, new and selecting the existing part template.
How many customized templates does SolidWorks allow?
When first installing the software, you will be presented with a choice of three templates, Part, Assembly or Drawing, as shown in Figure 2. Figure 2. The three default out-of-the-box templates. These three templates provide you with out-of-the-box settings.
What is the default part file format in SOLIDWORKS?
SOLIDWORKS can import and export to a wide range of file formats, making saving files easy for users. When you save a file natively in SOLIDWORKS, it can be saved as an: SLDPRT part file (. sldprt)
How do I install a template in SOLIDWORKS 2020?
In the SOLIDWORKS software, click Options or Tools > Options. On the System Options tab, select File Locations. In Show folders for, select Document Templates. Click Add, browse to the folder you created in step 1, and click Select Folder.
How do I import a template into SOLIDWORKS?
In the SolidWorks software, click Options or Tools, Options. On the System Options tab, select File Locations. Select Document Templates in Show folders for. Click Add, browse to the folder you created in step 1, then click OK.
How do I change the worksheet format in Solidworks?
Changing a SOLIDWORKS Sheet Format
- Open the Sheet Properties dialog via right-click on any Sheet.
- From the Sheet Properties tab, select the “Select Sheets to Modify” button.
- Select the sheets to change by selecting the checkboxes and Select OK.
- Set the desired Sheet Properties and Zone Parameters.
- Click Apply Changes.