How do I change the scale of a viewport line?
To Scale Linetypes in Layout Viewports
- With PSLTSCALE set to 1 (default), set the current linetype to dashed, and then draw a line in a paper space layout.
- In the layout, create a viewport with a zoom factor of 1x, make that layout viewport current, and then draw a line using the same dashed linetype.
How do I resize a viewport?
Resize the viewport
- Press Shift while dragging to maintain the original aspect ratio.
- If you don’t see the handles, toggle them by selecting View > Responsive > Viewport resize handles in the top menu.
What should Visretain be set to?
It most likely is set to “1” which means retain the XREF layer settings. This is a good thing and it should be set to “1”. But if there are visibility problems – it may have become corrupted. You may start getting layers not showing up, or layers that are the wrong color.
How do you make a viewport smaller in Autocad?
Using the Properties palette . . .
- Select the layout viewport that you want to modify.
- Right-click, and then choose Properties.
- If necessary, click Display Locked and choose No.
- In the Properties palette, select Standard Scale, and then select a new scale from the list. The scale you choose is applied to the viewport.
How do I change the viewport in Autocad?
Redefine a layout viewport boundary
- Click a layout tab.
- Click Layout tab Layout Viewports panel Clip. …
- Select either an existing object to designate as the new viewport boundary, or specify the points of a new boundary. …
- Click OK.
Can’t select a viewport in Autocad?
Go to the layout tab that contains the problem viewport. From the Properties palette, select the Quick Select button on the top right. On the Quick Select dialog box, set the Object type to Viewport and click OK.
How does linetype scale work in AutoCAD?
The linetype scale for objects is based on both the global scale factor, and the linetype scale property. A line created with CELTSCALE = 2 in a drawing with LTSCALE set to 0.5 would appear the same as a line created with CELTSCALE = 1 in a drawing with LTSCALE = 1.
How do I change hidden lines in AutoCAD?
Change the Display Properties of Hidden Lines
- At the Command prompt, enter HLSETTINGS.
- In the Hidden Line Settings dialog box, change the settings and click OK.
What are xref overrides?
You can change or override the visibility, color, linetype, and other properties of an xref’s layers and define how you want those changes handled when the xref is reloaded. Use the VISRETAIN and VISRETAINMODE system variables to get the desired behavior for the xref layer properties in the host drawing.
What is Visretain Autocad?
This system variable controls whether the changes made to XREFs are retained or are only temporal. … If the variable is set to 1, the changes are kept, if we set it to 0, reloading the XREF will bring back the original colors.
How does Visretain work in Autocad?
Controls the properties of xref-dependent layers. Controls visibility, color, linetype, lineweight, and plot styles. Use this system variable in conjunction with the VISRETAINMODE system variable to manage which xref layer property overrides you want to automatically sync on reload.