Can you import a JPEG into Revit?
Open the model view in which you want to place the image. Click Insert tab Import panel (Image). In the Import Image dialog, navigate to the folder containing the image file to import. Select the file, and click Open.
Can you import FBX files into Revit?
However you can import your FBX into 3DS Max and re-export it out as a DWG or DXF. Revit will then be able to import the file. Even better news – NavisWorks will do it directly for you. Just go into Append and FBX is one of the options offered.
Can you import a CAD file into Revit?
Open a Revit model, and use the Import CAD tool to import vector data from other CAD programs. If you want to import 3D geometry using SAT or 3DM files, see Import a 3D Shape. Click Insert tab Import panel (Import CAD).
Can Revit import OBJ files?
Description. Import meshes into Autodesk® Revit®! Within limits, all kinds of shapes and objects can now be brought into the project environment. Meshes in OBJ format may be made from free-form modeling software such as Autodesk Meshmixer or can be generated from photogrammetry.
Can you crop a PDF in Revit?
The standard functions for embedded images in Revit and Revit LT do not offer the crop function. However, you can easily help yourself with the view functions. Use the “Duplicate View” function to create a copy of your view, such as a floor plan.
How do I convert navisworks to Revit?
How to bring Navisworks files into Revit
- Click Insert tab Link panel (Coordination Model).
- Select the desired positioning option.
- In the Coordination Model dialogue, click Add.
- Navigate to the target NWD or NWC file, select it, and click Open.
- Click OK.
How do I import Max files into Revit?
Follow instructions about importing 3ds Max data in Revit by converting it into a Revit family:
- Save the 3ds Max elements as a DWG file.
- Optionally, open the DWG file in AutoCAD and assign additional layers to the individual elements.
- Open a Revit family template.
- Go to the Insert tab and select Import CAD.
Where are Revit imported CAD files?
Start Ideate Explorer. Expand the list underneath the CAD Imports or CAD Links category. Select the checkbox next to an individual CAD Import or CAD Link and right-click to select Show Elements. Ideate Explorer will attempt to find a View where the CAD file is visible.
How do I import a CAD into Revit drafting?
Import a Drafting View From Another CAD Program
- Click View tab Create panel (Drafting View).
- Enter a name and appropriate scale for the new drafting view.
- Click Insert tab Import panel (Import CAD).
- Select the detail and CAD format.
- Select the Current View Only option if you are in a detail view.
Can Revit import an STL file?
STL File Support
Revit can export STL files since version 2021.1. It makes sense as now 3D printing is pretty standard. Now Revit also supports importing STL files.
Can I open an STL file in Revit?
Currently, Revit can import dwg, dxf, ifc, sat, skp and dgn. We have converters that convert STL to DWG and then you can link/import the dwg in Revit. Alternatively, you can convert the STL to a solid file using Inventor, then follow the inventor to Revit workflow.
How do I import a STL file into Revit?
To Import DXF, OBJ, STL, Revit, DWF, and IDF Files
- To import to a new file select: File Open Import CAD Formats. Get Started tab Launch panel Import CAD Formats.
- To import into a part file select: Manage tab Insert panel Import. …
- To import into an assembly, select Assemble tab Component panel Place Imported CAD.