How do I edit a broken view in SolidWorks?
Right-click the broken view, and select Un-Break View. The break lines remain in the view and you can delete them. To modify a broken view: To change the shape of the break lines, right-click a break line and select a style from the shortcut menu.
How do you break a view in SolidWorks?
To create a break view:
- Select a drawing view and click Break. (Drawing toolbar) or click Insert > Drawing View > Break.
- Set options in the PropertyManager: Option. …
- Click in the view twice to place two break lines, creating the break. …
- Add additional break lines as necessary. …
- Click .
What is a broken view in SolidWorks?
You can use a broken (or interrupted) view in a drawing. Broken views make it possible to display the drawing view in a larger scale on a smaller size drawing sheet. You create a gap or break in the view using a pair of break lines.
How do you hide a line break in SolidWorks?
First you right click the view and choose un-break view in the menu. You can then remove break lines by marking them and pressing Delete or move them as requiered.
Why is it the material is removed in broken-out section?
Material is removed to a specified depth to expose inner details. Specify the depth by setting a number or by selecting geometry in a drawing view. If you create a broken-out section of an exploded view, you cannot collapse the exploded view.
How do you use a broken-out section?
A broken-out section view cuts away a portion of an assembly in a drawing view to expose the inside.
Broken-Out Section View on Section View
- In a section view, click Insert > Drawing View > Broken-out Section.
- Sketch a closed profile such as a spline.
- In the PropertyManager, set options.
- Click .
How do you break an isometric view in Solidworks?
Model Break Views Within Drawings
- In the Drawing View PropertyManager, under Reference Configuration, select Show in exploded or model break state.
- Right-click the drawing view and click Properties. In the dialog box, in Configuration information, select Show in exploded or model break state, and click OK.
How do you break a dimension line in Solidworks?
On the Leaders tab of the respective PropertyManager, under Break Lines:
- Select Break extension lines to break extension lines around dimension lines and other extension lines.
- Select Break dimension line to break the dimension line around other dimension lines and other extension lines.
How do you split a line in Solidworks?
To create a projection split line:
- Click Split Line. (Curves toolbar) or Insert > Curve > Split Line.
- In the PropertyManager, under Type of Split, select Projection.
- Under Selections, click: A sketch for Sketch to Project. . You can select multiple contours from the same sketch to split. …
- Click . Before. After.
How do you make a foreshortened dimension in Solidworks?
To set a document-level default for the foreshortened style, with a drawing open, click Tools > Options > Document Properties > Dimensions > Linear and under Foreshortened, select a style. You can also specify to automatically foreshorten a linear dimension when the geometry of one end is outside the drawing view.
What is an auxiliary view in Solidworks?
An Auxiliary View is similar to a Projected View, but it is unfolded normal to a reference edge in an existing view. You can create an auxiliary view of an exploded assembly view. You can use sketched lines for folding.
How do I align a section view in Solidworks?
You can pre-select sketch entities that belong to the drawing sheet to create aligned section views. The sketch entities do not have to belong to an existing drawing view. To create an aligned section view: Click Aligned Section View on the Drawing toolbar, or click Insert, Drawing View, Aligned Section.