How do you change a link in a Solidworks drawing?
To change file references in a drawing view:
- Click Replace Model. (Drawing toolbar) or Tools > Replace Model.
- In the PropertyManager, under Selected Views, select a drawing view.
- Under New Model, browse to select a part or an assembly file, and click Open.
- Double-part icon. …
- Click .
How do I unlink a feature in Solidworks?
To break the link from the original part file:
- In the FeatureManager design tree, right-click the inserted third-party native CAD file and click Break Link.
- In the dialog box, click one of the following: Yes, break the link (cannot be undone) . Breaks the link of the inserted part file from the original file.
How do you hyperlink in Solidworks?
To create an embedded hyperlink:
- Click Insert Hyperlink. (Web toolbar) or Insert, Hyperlink.
- Type the path for Link to file or URL, or browse to a document.
- Select Use relative path for hyperlink to specify a directory path relative to the current location instead of the full path.
- Click OK.
How do you delete a reference in Solidworks drawing?
To remove the reference:
- Open the drawing or drawing template that contains the unwanted file reference.
- Expand the View Palette.
- Find and select the the part or assembly that is the unwanted file reference in the drop-down menu.
- Click on the ‘Clear All’ button (the red ‘X’).
- Save the drawing file, and check into PDM.
How do I change a part reference in Solidworks?
To edit the locations and names of referenced files:
- Click Open or File > Open.
- In the Open dialog box, click References. The Edit Referenced File Locations dialog box appears.
- Edit the path or filename using one of the following methods: …
- Click OK to make the changes and exit the dialog.
What is SOLIDWORKS 3D interconnect?
3D Interconnect replaces SOLIDWORKS current translation capabilities with new technology and workflows for working with third-party native CAD data in SOLIDWORKS 2017. You can: Insert proprietary CAD data directly into a SOLIDWORKS assembly without converting it to a SOLIDWORKS file.
How do you break a part in SOLIDWORKS?
Split and Save Bodies
- Click Split (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Split.
- In the PropertyManager, set the options. …
- Under Resulting Bodies, select the bodies to save under , or click Auto-assign Names. …
- Double-click the body name under File, type a name for the new part in the dialog box, then click Save. …
- Click .
Where is the FeatureManager design tree in SOLIDWORKS?
The FeatureManager design tree on the left side of the SOLIDWORKS window provides an outline view of the active part, assembly, or drawing. This makes it easy to see how the model or assembly was constructed or to examine the various sheets and views in a drawing.
How do I change the drawing material in Solidworks?
Editing a Custom Material
- In a part document, right-click Material in the FeatureManager design tree and select Edit Material.
- In the material tree, browse to a custom library and select a custom material.
- Edit properties of the material, then click Save.
How do I edit a custom property in Solidworks?
To edit custom properties:
- Click Edit List on the Custom tab of the Summary Information dialog box. The Edit List dialog box with the list of properties appears.
- You can do one of the following: Add. Type a name in the box and click Add. Delete. Select a property from the list and click Delete. Move Up.
How do I Link properties to a drawing in Solidworks?
Easy Way to Link Properties to a SOLIDWORKS Drawing
- Empty Title Block fields to be filled in with Custom Properties from the Part file. …
- Edit Sheet Format. …
- Using Link to Property to show the Custom Property in the Note. …
- Material and Weight fields are complete.
How do I change an external reference in Solidworks?
Locking and Breaking External References
- In the FeatureManager design tree: For an individual item, right-click the feature, component, body, or part. …
- Click External References. …
- To modify external references, select the external references and click Break Selected, Lock Selected, or Unlock Selected. …
- Click OK.
How do you delete a broken reference in Solidworks?
Replacing Broken References
- Select a file with a broken reference.
- Click Tools > Update References . …
- Select a reference to replace and click Edit > Replace File.
- In the Replace File dialog box, browse to the file that will replace the broken reference.
- Click Open.
How do I turn off external references in Solidworks?
Click No External References (Assembly toolbar). Click Tools > Options > System Options > External References, and select Do not create references external to the model.