How do I make multiple views in SOLIDWORKS?
In the Model View PropertyManager:
- Under Part/Assembly to Insert, in Open documents, select a document, or click Browse to locate a document.
- Click. .
- Under Orientation, select Create multiple views and click *Front, *Top, and *Right. (You can also select annotation views.)
- Click. .
How do I create a custom section view in SOLIDWORKS?
Creating a Section View Manually
- Click Section View. (Drawing toolbar), or Insert > Drawing View > Section. …
- To create a section view manually, click Edit sketch to display the Insert Line PropertyManager.
- Sketch a section line. …
- Click to place the view.
How do you make a broken view in SOLIDWORKS?
To create a broken view:
- Select a drawing view and click Break. (Drawing toolbar) or click Insert > Drawing View > Break.
- Set options in the PropertyManager: Option. …
- Click in the view twice to place two break lines, creating the break. …
- Add additional break lines as necessary. …
- Click .
How do you save a view in SOLIDWORKS 2018?
Just hit the save button next to the particular named view you want to save to your SOLIDWORKS system.
What is an auxiliary view in Solidworks?
An Auxiliary View is similar to a Projected View, but it is unfolded normal to a reference edge in an existing view. You can create an auxiliary view of an exploded assembly view. You can use sketched lines for folding.
How do I create an isometric view in Solidworks?
To change the orientation of a section or aligned section view to isometric: Right-click a section or aligned section view and select Isometric Section View. To remove the isometric orientation, right-click the view and select Remove Isometric View.
How do I create a half section view in Solidworks?
To create a half section view:
- Open install_dir sampleswhatsnewdrawingssectionview3. slddrw.
- Click Section View. …
- In the Section View PropertyManager, click Half Section.
- In Half Section, click Topside Right .
- Move the pointer. …
- Drag the preview to the right and click to place the section view.
How do I create an offset section view in Solidworks?
To insert an arc offset:
- On the Section View popup, click .
- Move the pointer. to the location of the first point of the arc and click. …
- Move the pointer to the location of the second point of the arc and click.
- Click. to close the Section View popup.
- Drag the preview to a location and click to place the section view.
How do you create a section view of an angle in Solidworks?
To insert an aligned section view:
- In a drawing view, click Section View. …
- In the Section View PropertyManager, click Section.
- In Cutting Line, select Auto-start section view.
- Click Aligned. …
- Move the pointer. …
- Move the pointer to the location to set the angle of the second cutting line and click.
What is an interrupted view?
You can use a broken (or interrupted) view in a drawing. Broken views make it possible to display the drawing view in a larger scale on a smaller size drawing sheet. You create a gap or break in the view using a pair of break lines.
How do you break an isometric view in Solidworks?
Model Break Views Within Drawings
- In the Drawing View PropertyManager, under Reference Configuration, select Show in exploded or model break state.
- Right-click the drawing view and click Properties. In the dialog box, in Configuration information, select Show in exploded or model break state, and click OK.
How do you make a foreshortened dimension in Solidworks?
To set a document-level default for the foreshortened style, with a drawing open, click Tools > Options > Document Properties > Dimensions > Linear and under Foreshortened, select a style. You can also specify to automatically foreshorten a linear dimension when the geometry of one end is outside the drawing view.
How do I save a camera view in Solidworks?
To save settings for multiple cameras:
- In the Palette, on the Camera tab: Shift + click to select the cameras to save. Right-click and click Save to file.
- In the dialog box: Navigate to a folder. The default is SOLIDWORKS Visualize ContentCameras. Click Save.
How do you save a drawing view in Solidworks?
Saving a Drawing View from the PropertyManager
- Select a drawing view.
- In the Drawing View PropertyManager, expand Save View as.
- Drag the manipulator to set the origin in the file.
- Click Save View As DXF/DWG .
- In the Save As dialog box: Enter a file name. Select Dxf or Dwg as file type.
How do you change the plane view in Solidworks?
Select the top view from view orientation of “Heads-up View Toolbar” or press “ctrl+5” then click Update Standard View button and choose the front view. A pop-up message will show-up to confirm if you want to change the view, click yes. This feature is the easiest way to change the orientation of your part.