How do I export a surface from Civil 3D?
Open the attached file, Road Surface.
To export a LandXML surface from Civil 3D, Select output tab and then in the export tab select Export to LandXML button. In the Export to LandXML window check Road surface, choose the 1.2 version and press OK.
How do I import a Civil 3D pipe into Revit?
For a Civil 3D drawing with Pipe Networks
- In Civil 3D, open the drawing.
- Set the drawing in a 3D view.
- In the Prospector tree, expand the Pipe Networks category.
- Right click on the desired pipe network and select it.
Can Revit Open Civil 3D files?
Revit is not able to read Civil surfaces directly. However, there are two different approaches you can take to bring these surfaces from Civil into Revit and back: Use the new Link Topography command (Revit 2019.1 and later):
How do I import an XML file into Revit?
Inside of Revit, a Site Designer plugin will appear in the ribbon at the top. Select that tab, and select Import LandXML file on the left. Now, the Import LandXML dialog box will appear. Select the file to import by using the “…” and choose the positioning system.
How do I export a surface from Civil 3D to AutoCAD?
To Export an Autodesk Civil 3D Drawing to an AutoCAD DWG File
- Set up your drawing so that all objects that you want to export are visible. …
- Click Output tab Export panel Export Civil 3D Drawing Find.
- In the Export Autodesk Civil 3D Drawing dialog box, select AutoCAD DWG in the Export To File Type field.
How do I export alignment from Civil 3D to shapefile?
In order to export these to shapefiles, type MAPEXPORT in the command line. This will bring up an Export Location dialog box. Enter a file name, and choose the file type of ESRI Shapefile (*. shp), and then click OK.
How do I export to LandXML?
To Export Drawing Data to LandXML
- Click Output tab Export panel Export To LandXML Find. Or, on the Prospector tab, right-click
Export LandXML. …
- Do one of the following: …
- Specify the LandXML schema version.
- In the Export To LandXML dialog box, enter the name of the LandXML (*. …
- Click Save.
How do I export Civil 3D pipe network to navisworks?
Exporting a Civil 3D model to Navisworks
- Clicking on a proposed surface.
- Click Extract Objects from the Surface Tool Panel of the Ribbon.
- Uncheck everything except the Border objects.
- Depending on Civil 3D drawing styles, the border will be extracted to a designated layer.
What 3D Files can I import into Revit?
Revit supports the import of ACIS objects contained in DWG, DXF, DGN, and SAT files. You can incorporate a Trimble® SketchUp® design into a Revit project to provide a starting point for the building model. You can import 3D geometry from supported file formats and applications.
Can you convert AutoCAD 3D to Revit?
You can easily convert 3D cad solids to Revit Families using CAD to RFA tool from PowerPack for Revit® available in Autodesk Exchange App Store. This command can be very useful for creating 2D and 3D Generic Model Families in Revit, using existent CAD blocks and geometry.
How do I export a 3D model from AutoCAD to Revit?
Open the 3D view of the project to export. Click File tab Export CAD Formats (DWG files). In the DWG Export dialog, click (Modify Export Setup). On the Solids tab of the Modify DWG/DXF Export Setup dialog, select Export as AutoCAD Architecture and AutoCAD MEP Objects.