How do I scale a drawing in Solidworks?
To scale a sketch:
- In an active sketch, click Modify Sketch. (Sketch toolbar) or Tools > Sketch Tools > Modify.
- In the dialog box, under Scale About, select one of the following: Option. Description. Sketch origin. …
- Type a value for Factor, and press Enter. You cannot scale a sketch that has external references.
- Click Close.
How do you scale text in SOLIDWORKS?
To set a custom text scale:
- Click Tools > Options > Document Properties > Detailing . …
- In the dialog box, clear Always display text at the same size.
- In Text scale, select Custom.
- In the two fields, enter the first and second value of the custom scale.
How do you scale an entity in SOLIDWORKS?
Scaling Sketch Entities
- In Edit Sketch mode click Scale Entities. (Sketch toolbar) or Tools > Sketch Tools > Scale.
- In the PropertyManager, under Entities to Scale, select sketch entities for Sketch item or annotations.
- Under Parameters: Click Base Point (Scale Point Defined) to set a Base point. …
- Click .
How do you set a sheet scale in Solidworks?
You can change the scale of a drawing sheet by selecting a scale from a predefined list or specifying a custom scale. To change the scale of an existing drawing sheet: In the status bar, click Sheet Scale and click a scale. If there are annotations in the drawing sheet, specify options in the dialog box and click OK.
How do you change the scale of a drawing?
Task 1: Rescale a drawing, using the same unit
Start the scaling command with SC (or SCALE). Make a selection for the objects that need to be included in the scaling operation. Click in the drawing for the first point of the scaling base (base point). Type R to activate Reference scaling.
How do I add a scale annotation in Solidworks?
Display Scale in Orthogonal Views
- In a drawing, click Options (Standard toolbar) or Tools > Options.
- On the Document Properties tab, expand View Labels and click Orthographic.
- Select Show label if view scale differs from sheet scale.
- Click OK. Scale Displayed. Scale Not Displayed.
How do you change the size of a dimension in Solidworks?
To change a dimension:
- Double-click a dimension. The Modify dialog box appears.
- Change the dimension value with the arrows, thumbwheel , mouse wheel, or by typing in the dimension box. …
- Choose from: …
- Use the buttons as follows:
How do you scale print in SOLIDWORKS?
To print the whole drawing sheet:
- Click File > Print. …
- Under Document Printer, click Page Setup.
- In the Page Setup dialog box, under Resolution and Scale, select Scale to fit to print the entire sheet on the page, or select Scale and type a value.
- Click OK.
- Click OK again to print the document.
How do you copy and scale in SOLIDWORKS?
Scaling Sketch Entities
- Click Base Point (Scale Point Defined) to set a Base point. , and then click in the graphics area to set the point to Scale about.
- Set a value for Scale Factor. . …
- To keep the original sketch entities and create copies of the scaled entities: Select Copy.