When using Revit DB Link, you connect to an existing database, or create a new connection. Then you can link between Revit and the database. Click Add-Ins tab Revit DB Link panel Revit DB Link.
What is Revit DB Link?
Revit DB Link allows you to export Revit model data to a database, where you can edit the data and import it back into the model. There are two types of databases you can use with Revit DB Link: Microsoft Access.
What is ODBC database in Revit?
ODBC is a general export tool that works in conjunction with many software drivers. Revit has been tested with the following ODBC drivers: Microsoft® Access. Microsoft® Excel. An ODBC export to Excel creates one table per worksheet.
How do I find links in Revit?
Display a Linked Model by Linked View
- Open the view in the host model.
- Click View tab Graphics panel (Visibility/Graphics).
- On the Revit Links tab, for the linked model, do the following: …
- In the RVT Link Display Settings dialog, on the Basics tab, do the following: …
- Click OK twice.
How do I export a Revit database?
Export Revit Data to a Database
- On the Link Revit Model with Database dialog, select MS Access.
- Select a recently used connection, or click Select a new connection to create a new connection. If you selected Select a new connection, the Select database dialog displays. Browse to the desired location. …
- Click Export.
Is ODBC an API?
Open Database Connectivity (ODBC) is an open standard Application Programming Interface (API) for accessing a database.
How do I manage links in Revit?
To access tools for link management, click Manage tab Manage Project panel (Manage Links). To update linked models without closing the current project, you can reload the linked models. Unload linked models to temporarily remove them from the project.
How do you find a CAD link in Revit?
Link a CAD File
- Open the Revit model.
- If you want the linked file to display only in a particular view, open that view.
- Click Insert tab Link panel (Link CAD).
- In the dialog, for Files of type, select the desired file type.
- Navigate to the folder that contains the file to link, and select the file.
How do I edit a linked CAD in Revit?
- Scroll to the bottom of the project browser and select the plus next to Revit links.
- Right click on the link you want to edit.
- Select Open (and Unload). …
- Make the changes you want then save and sync the file.
- Go to File > Close (this will close all windows for the link file that you were editing).
How do I access a database in Revit?
When using Revit DB Link, you connect to an existing database, or create a new connection. Then you can link between Revit and the database. Click Add-Ins tab Revit DB Link panel Revit DB Link. The Link Revit Model with Database dialog displays.