How do you center a shape in Solidworks?
Click Tools > Align, and select a tool from the menu. Select a group of annotations, right-click one of the annotations, select Align, and choose one of the options.
What is the use of centerline in Solidworks?
Centerlines are annotations that mark circle centers and describe the geometry size on drawings. You can insert centerlines into drawing views automatically or manually. The SOLIDWORKS software avoids duplicate centerlines. If you dimension to a centerline, the extension lines are shortened automatically.
How do I change a line to a centerline in Solidworks?
In the PropertyManager, you can convert solid line segments to construction lines by selecting For Construction in the PropertyManager. To add centerlines in a rectangle, select Add construction lines and select either From Corners or From Midpoints in the PropertyManager.
How do I change the centerline in a Solidworks drawing?
To edit center marks:
- Select a center mark (the pointer changes to. when it is over a center mark.) …
- Edit the center mark properties in the Center Mark PropertyManager. You can also drag the extended lines to resize them.
- Click .
How do I align origins in SolidWorks?
Click Tools > Sketch Tools > Align > Align Grid/Origin. In the Align Grid/Origin PropertyManager, under Selections: To change only the sketch origin: Select a vertex or point for Sketch Origin Location .
What is Profile Center mate in SolidWorks?
Profile Center Mate automatically center-aligns geometric profiles to each other and fully defines the components. To create a profile center mate: In an assembly document with two rectangular or cylindrical profiles, click Mate . In the PropertyManager, under Advanced Mates, click Profile Center .
How do you center a circle in Solidworks?
To create a centerline:
- Click Centerline. (Sketch toolbar) or click Tools > Sketch Entities > Centerline.
- Click to start the centerline.
- Drag, or move the pointer and click, to set the end of the centerline.
How do I show a construction line in Solidworks?
Click Construction Geometry. on the Sketch toolbar. Click Tools > Sketch Tools > Construction Geometry. Select the For construction check box in the PropertyManager.
How do you make a circular pattern in Solidworks?
To create circular sketch patterns:
- In an open sketch, click Circular Sketch Pattern (Sketch toolbar) or Tools > Sketch Tools > Circular Pattern.
- In the PropertyManager, under Entities to Pattern, select the sketch entities to pattern .
- Under Parameters: Click Reverse direction . …
- Click .
What is a construction line in Solidworks?
In AutoCAD there was such a thing as a Construction Line. In a sketch that is in a SolidWorks part file, a sketch entity (lines and circles are the most common ones) with a centerline linetype are always considered construction geometry.
What is Hole Wizard in Solidworks?
Hole Wizard is a tool inside SOLIDWORKS that allows you to quickly create holes within a part or assembly without the need of drawing or using multiple features.
What are object lines?
A visible line, or object line is a thick continuous line, used to outline the visible edges or contours of an object.
How do I hide a center line in Solidworks drawing?
Select Detailing from the Document Properties tab. Under Auto insert on view creation, select or clear the check box for: Center marks – holes -part.
How do you show hidden lines in Solidworks?
To show or hide hidden edges in the Drawing View Properties dialog box:
- Right-click the drawing view and select Properties.
- Select the Show Hidden Edges tab.
- Select a feature or component from either the drawing view or the FeatureManager design tree to add it to the list of items to be shown with hidden lines.