How do you close an object in SolidWorks?
Close. To close the document in the active window: Click Close (Standard toolbar) or File > Close. To close all documents open in the current SOLIDWORKS session, click Window > Close All.
How do you fill a shape in SolidWorks?
To create a filled surface, click Filled Surface on the Surfaces toolbar, or click Insert > Surface > Fill, set the PropertyManager options, and click OK . Set the PropertyManager options based on the type of filled surface you want to create.
How do you stop a line in SolidWorks?
Drag the pointer to the end of the line and release. Release the pointer, move the pointer to the end of the line, and click again.
How do you lock a line in SolidWorks?
In an open sketch, click Smart Dimension (Dimensions/Relations toolbar) or Tools, Dimensions, Smart. Click the items to dimension. Move the pointer until the preview indicates the dimension type you want. Right-click to lock the dimension type.
How do you subtract materials in Solidworks?
To subtract bodies:
- Click Combine. (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Combine.
- In the PropertyManager, under Operation Type, select Subtract.
- For Main Body, select the body to keep. …
- For Bodies to Subtract, select the bodies whose material you want to remove.
- Click Show Preview to preview the feature.
- Click .
How do you delete a solid body in Solidworks?
- Click Delete/Keep Body on the Features toolbar, or click Insert > Features > Delete/Keep Body.
- In the PropertyManager, select Delete Bodies or Keep Bodies.
- For Bodies to keep or Bodies to delete, select bodies in the graphics area or from the Solid Bodies folder for Solid/Surface Bodies to Delete/Keep .
How do you use gap closer?
To use the Gap Closer:
- Right-click a gap in the list and select Gap Closer.
- In the graphics area, drag the gap edge handle with the pointer to the side of another edge (not the handle).
- When the original edge turns green, right-click in the graphics area or the PropertyManager and select Finish Gap Closer.
How do I fill an area in Solidworks?
To add an area hatch or solid fill:
- In a drawing document, select a model face, a segment of a closed sketch profile, or a region bounded by a combination of model edges and sketch entities. …
- Click Area Hatch/Fill (Annotation toolbar), or click Insert > Annotations > Area Hatch/Fill.
Where is the surfaces toolbar in Solidworks?
To display SOLIDWORKS toolbars: Right-click in the window border and select or clear a toolbar name. Click Tools > Customize. On the Toolbars tab, select the toolbars to display.
How do you get rid of purple funnel in SOLIDWORKS?
For those of you looking for the quickest tip you’ll ever receive, simply press the F6 key in SOLIDWORKS and then move the cursor to get rid of this icon.
Where is the fit Spline tool in SOLIDWORKS?
To open the Fit Spline PropertyManager: In an open sketch, click Fit Spline. (Spline Tools toolbar) or Tools > Spline Tools > Fit Spline. In the graphics area, click the sketch entities to fit to the spline.
What is a Spline in SOLIDWORKS?
A Spline sketch is defined by its continuously changing curvature. Points are placed to shape the curve. Unlike standard geometry, it is common to leave Splines under defined in sketches. It can be complex to constrain the curve whilst maintaining a smooth, free flowing shape.