How do you create a relationship between parts in Solidworks?
To create a part within an assembly:
- Click New Part (Assembly toolbar) or Insert > Component > New Part.
- For externally saved parts, type a name for the new part in the Save As dialog box and click Save.
- Select a plane or planar face (while the pointer is ).
How do you add a relation in Solidworks 2018?
Click Tools > Sketch Settings > Automatic Relations. Click Options. , Relations/Snaps, and select Automatic relations.
How do I edit a relationship in Solidworks?
You can set different external sketch relations in specified configurations. Right-click a sketch in the FeatureManager design tree, and select Edit Sketch. Click Display/Delete Relations on the Dimensions/Relations toolbar, or click Tools > Relations > Display/Delete.
How do I add parts to assembly in Solidworks?
Right-click the component and click Insert Into Assembly. You can populate one or more holes in the assembly by preselecting the circular edges of the holes and then using Insert Into Assembly. If you do not preselect a hole, the part is placed at the assembly origin.
How do you auto define in Solidworks?
Creating Fully Defined Sketches
- Edit a sketch.
- Click Fully Define Sketch. (Dimensions/Relations toolbar) or Tools > Dimensions > Fully Define Sketch.
- Set the options for relations and dimensions in the Fully Define Sketch PropertyManager.
- Click .
What does collinear mean in Solidworks?
Collinear. Two or more lines. The items lie on the same infinite line. Coradial. Two or more arcs.
How do you turn off relations in Solidworks?
Can I turn off automatic relations? Click Tools > Sketch Settings, and toggle Automatic Relations. How do I toggle the display of sketch relations? (View toolbar) or View > Hide/Show > Sketch Relations to toggle the display of sketch relations.
How do you select all relationships in Solidworks?
After clicking on ‘Display/Delete Relations’ in Solidworks® sketching, you can see and select all the relations between sketch entities as shown in a red box above. You can suppress the selected relation from that list. Then you can delete the selected relations as shown by the green arrow.
How do you break parent/child relationships in Solidworks?
In the FeatureManager design tree, right-click the top-level assembly, and click one or both of the Dynamic Reference Visualization (Parent) and Dynamic Reference Visualization (Child) options. Select a component that has external references. Click the circle and then click Break Reference .
How do I convert entities in Solidworks?
To convert an entity:
- In an open sketch, click a model edge, loop, face, curve, external sketch contour, set of edges, or set of curves. You can also click an entity after clicking the Convert Entities. …
- Click Convert Entities. …
- In the PropertyManager, click Select chain to convert all contiguous sketch entities. …
- Click .
What does reference geometry do in SOLIDWORKS?
Reference geometry defines the shape or form of a surface or a solid. Reference geometry includes items such as planes, axes, coordinate systems, and points. You can use reference geometry in the creation of several kinds of features.
What are the different types of reference features available in SOLIDWORKS?
Description: Planes, axes, coordinate systems, and 3d curves are all types of reference geometry. These references serve as aides to the design of parts. Note: Reference geometry can be helpful in using features such as lofts, sweeps, patterns, drafts, and chamfers.