How do you repeat a feature in Solidworks?
To copy a feature:
- Click Instant3D on the Features toolbar.
- In the FeatureManager design tree, select the feature to copy.
- Hold down Ctrl and drag the feature to a location on the same face or a different face.
How do you duplicate an object in Solidworks?
To copy multiple components:
- In the FeatureManager design tree, Ctrl + select or Shift + select the components to copy.
- Ctrl + drag the selected components and drop them in the graphics area. New instances of the components are created.
How do I copy a feature from one part to another in Solidworks?
To copy features from one part to another part, tile the windows, then drag the features from one window to another, or use Copy and Paste (Standard toolbar).
How do I copy an appearance in Solidworks?
Copying and Pasting Appearances
- Select the appearance in the DisplayManager or on the model and click Ctrl + Shift + C or PhotoView 360 > Copy Appearance.
- Select the appearance on the model and click Copy Appearance in the context menu.
What is a merging feature SOLIDWORKS?
The Combine feature lives under Insert>Features>Combine. The common function allows you to add two bodies together, and keep the area that is common to them. To use this feature, we will select the common button, and then under Bodies to Combine, select the two bodies.
How do you Unfix a component in SOLIDWORKS?
To fix or float an assembly component:
- Right-click the component in the graphics area or the component’s name in the FeatureManager design tree.
- Select Fix or Float.
- In assemblies with multiple configurations, select This Configuration, All Configurations, or Specified Configurations.
How do I mirror a part in SOLIDWORKS?
To create a mirrored, derived part:
- In an open part document, click a model face or plane about which to mirror the part.
- Click Insert > Mirror Part. …
- Under Transfer, select any combination of items from the source part to be included in the opposite-hand version.
How do you use the circular pattern feature in SOLIDWORKS?
Use circular patterns to create multiple instances of one or more features that you can space uniformly around an axis.
To create a circular pattern:
- Create one or more features to replicate.
- Click Circular Pattern (Features toolbar) or Insert > Pattern/Mirror > Circular Pattern.
- Set the PropertyManager options.
- Click .
How do you copy a file in SOLIDWORKS?
Two methods of copying SOLIDWORKS features: The first is to hold down the CTRL key, then drag & drop the feature to where you want to copy it to. The second method is to use CTRL+C, then pick where you want it to paste to and use CTRL+V.
How do you copy and paste a body in Solidworks?
Click Move/Copy Bodies (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Move/Copy. Specify parameters to move, copy, or rotate bodies. Apply mates between bodies. Click Translate/Rotate or Constraints at the bottom of the PropertyManager (if necessary) to switch to the page you want.