How do you hide extrude in Solidworks?
Click View > Hide/Show Bodies.
Hide and Show Bodies
- To preview a single hidden body, select the body.
- To preview multiple hidden bodies, press Shift or Ctrl and select the bodies.
- To remove the preview, click in the graphics area to deselect the body.
How do I change my boss-extrude?
If you enter the wrong distance to extrude to: and exit the boss-extrude dialog without correcting it, go to the design tree, right-click on the extrude name, and find the “edit feature” button in the box of options that appears above the mouse. The dialog will reopen and you can edit the properties of the extrude.
How do you cut a boss-extrude in Solidworks?
To create an assembly feature cut:
- Open a sketch on a face or plane, and sketch a profile of the cut. …
- Click Extruded Cut or Revolved Cut (Features toolbar), or click Insert > Assembly Feature > Cut , then Extrude or Revolve.
- Set the options as needed in the Cut-Extrude or Cut-Revolve PropertyManager.
What is the difference between an extrude boss and an extrude cut?
Extrude tool is used to extend a sketched profile in one or two directions as either a thin feature or a solid feature. An extrude operation can either add material to a part (in a base or boss) or remove material from a part. Extruded Boss feature adds material to the part model.
How do you show hidden bodies in Solidworks?
To select hidden bodies to be shown:
- In the graphics area, select the multibody part.
- Right-click the multibody part and select Show Hidden Bodies. All bodies that were hidden are now shown, and all bodies that were visible are now hidden.
- In the dialog box, click Exit Show Hidden.
Why is my solidworks part invisible?
If the model is a part file then the most common reason that the body has been hidden by mistake, which can happen if you happen to click on hide in connection with selecting a feature.
How do I edit a feature in Solidworks?
To edit the definition of a feature:
- Do one of the following: Select a feature in the FeatureManager design tree or the graphics area. Click Edit > Definition. …
- Edit the definition in the dialog box by specifying new values or options.
- Click OK to accept the changes.
What is Hole Wizard in SolidWorks?
Hole Wizard is a tool inside SOLIDWORKS that allows you to quickly create holes within a part or assembly without the need of drawing or using multiple features.
What is extruded boss in SolidWorks?
The Boss-Extrude/Base feature will project a 3D model with the selected sketch or face. Figure 3: Selecting a Plane. Using the 2D sketch or plane to create a 3D model, the Boss-Extrude feature button will prompt you to set parameters in the menu shown in Figure 4.