How do you fully dimension a spline in SOLIDWORKS?
In Edit Sketch mode, in the Spline PropertyManager under Parameters, select Tangent driving. Click Smart Dimension (Dimensions/Relations toolbar) or Tools > Dimensions > Smart. Select the spline to display the handles. Select any of the handles on either end, and click to place the dimension.
How do you constrain a spline in SOLIDWORKS?
Constraining a Style Spline
- In an open sketch, click Smart Dimension (Dimensions/Relations toolbar) or Tools > Dimensions > Smart.
- Click a line segment in the control polygon.
- Move the pointer to show the dimension preview.
- Set the value in the Modify dialog box and click .
How do you dimension a spline?
To dimension a spline, you must dimension its endpoints. You need not add spline dimensions if the spline is attached to other geometry and the endpoints are dimensioned. You can dimension spline endpoints using linear dimensions, tangency (angular) dimensions, and radius-of-curvature dimensions.
What are splines in SolidWorks?
Splines are a set of tools that allow you to create organic, curvature continuous, complex curves. You can define and modify them using several controls, including spline points; spline handles, and control polygons.
Is it possible to set a dimension to fix the length of a spline?
You can set a dimension to fix the length of a spline. You can reference this dimension in custom properties, configurations, equations, and tables, including design tables and BOMs. To set a fixed length: Select the spline to dimension.
How do you smooth a spline in SOLIDWORKS?
To access this tool you must be in an open sketch, and have the spline selected in the graphics area. Next, head to Tools > Spline Tools > Simplify Spline. In the dialog box you can either set a value for tolerance and click OK or click Smooth and watch SOLIDWORKS do its thing (always my preferred option).
How can you confirm that a sketch is fully defined?
FULLY DEFINED SKETCH
The sketch is fully defined if the lines on the sketch are all black. This means that there can be no unexpected changes within the model due to all the geometry of the sketch being fully defined.
How do you dimension a spline in Creo?
Click Sketch > Normal or right-click in the Sketcher window and choose Dimension from the shortcut menu.
- Click the spline. The system displays the interpolation points.
- Click the interpolation point to dimension.
- Click the geometry to which you want to dimension.
- Click the middle mouse button to place the dimension.
How do you dimension a spline in Autocad?
Add drawing dimensions to splines
- On the ribbon, click Annotate tab Dimension panel Dimension .
- Right-click in the graphics window and make sure that Spline Min/Max is selected in the Snap Settings context menu.
- In the graphics window, select the spline geometry.
- Move your cursor over the spline.