How do you move things freely in Revit?
To constrain their movement, press and hold Shift while dragging the elements. For example, you can move a window freely in an elevation or a 3D view, but pressing Shift constrains the movement of the window so that its elevation does not change.
How do I move a line in Revit?
Move Lines and Components with Walls
- Select one or more components.
- On the Properties palette, select Moves With Nearby Elements.
- Move the selected components to the desired position. Witness lines show dimensions from walls and other points. If desired, you can click a dimension to change it.
How do you move a level in Revit?
- In an elevation view, a section view, or a 3D view, select the level to move.
- Do one of the following: Drag the level up or down. On the Properties palette, for Elevation, enter a new value. Click a dimension length between levels, and enter a new value. Moving a level in a 3D view.
How do you turn off Ortho in Revit?
To turn Ortho off temporarily, hold down the Shift key while you work.
How do I move multiple levels in Revit?
To move the selected level up or down, click the temporary dimension, type a new value, and press ENTER . Drag the selected level line up or down. To move multiple level lines, select the desired number of level lines and move them up or down.
How do you move a project base point in Revit without moving a building?
- In the site plan view or another view that displays the project base point, select the project base point.
- Drag the project base point to the desired location. …
- Optional: To ensure that the project base point does not move inadvertently, pin it in place by clicking Modify tab Modify panel (Pin).
How do you control levels in Revit?
- Set the Display to “Entire Project”.
- Set the Sort By to “Level”
- Set the filter to
- Select the elements you need to move.
- Look at the Properties palette for the Level property.
- If Level is an editable property for all elements, switch the level to the proper Level name.
How do I move a family in Revit?
Ways to Transfer Revit Families from One Project to Another
To start with, open the source project where the required families are. Then, in Project Browser navigate to Families section and right-click on it. Choose Save… then choose a folder to save your families to, and next in Family to save field leave option.
How do you move an object vertically in Autocad?
- Click Home tab Modify panel 3D Move. Find.
- Select the objects and subobjects you want to move using the following methods: …
- When you have selected all objects, press Enter. …
- Do one of the following: …
- To move the selection, drag and release, or enter a distance while holding the mouse button.