How do you use survey points in Revit?
To make these points visible:
- Click View tab > Graphics panel > Visibility/Graphics.
- On the Model Categories tab of the Visibility/Graphics dialog, scroll down to Site. …
- To display the project base point, select Project Base Point.
- To display the survey point, select Survey Point.
How do you change survey points in Revit?
Move the Survey Point
- In the site plan view or another view that displays the survey point, select the survey point.
- Click the clip to change its state to clipped or unclipped, depending on how you want to move the survey point. …
- Drag the survey point to the desired location.
How do you open a survey point in Revit?
First, make sure that Survey Point is enabled in Visibility / Graphics settings. In Visibility / Graphics settings window go to Model Categories -> Visibility -> Site and make sure that “Survey Point” is enabled. After that in the Revit site view, the Survey Point block should appear.
How do you set a project base point and survey point in Revit?
To select the project base point, move the cursor over the symbol and look at the tooltip or the status bar. If it says Site: Survey Point, press Tab until it says Site: Project Base Point. Click to select the project base point. Drag the project base point to the desired location.
What is survey point and project base point in Revit?
Project Base Points and Survey Points. Every project has a project base point and a survey point , although they might not be visible in all views, because of visibility settings and view clippings. They cannot be deleted. The project base point defines the origin (0,0,0) of the project coordinate system.
How do you annotate coordinates in Revit?
Click Annotate tab Dimension panel (Spot Coordinate).
Add a Spot Coordinate
- without a leader, click to place it.
- with a leader, move the cursor away from the element, and click to place the spot coordinate.
- with a leader and a shoulder, move the cursor away from the element. Click once to place the leader shoulder.
What are the 3 points in Revit?
There are 3 different origin points in a Revit project: the Project Base Point, the Survey Point and the secret Internal Origin.
How do you set the elevation of a project in Revit?
Manage tab> Project Location> Coordinates> Specify Coordinates at Point:
- Select the ground level line and specify elevation:
- Ground level still says 0. Select the ground level line and change the type to Shared Datum:
- Ground level now shows the Shared Datum levels:
What is Survey point in Revit?
The survey point is used to correctly orient the building geometry in another coordinate system, such as the coordinate system used in a civil engineering application. In a Revit model, the survey point defines a reference point for the survey coordinate system.
How do I turn off survey points in Revit?
Look under the Site Category in VGO. Untick Project Base Point and Survey Point.
How do I show survey points in Autocad?
Select the project, survey, or point group you want to view or edit, then click Table in the Survey Task Pane toolstrip. The Point Table appears. View the survey point data in the Point Table. To edit data, click the desired field and edit the data as appropriate.
How do you change True North in Revit?
Rotate True North
- Open the site plan view.
- Use the survey point to set a known position on the site.
- Change the view’s orientation: In the Properties palette, for Orientation, select True North.
- (Optional) In the view, add a reference plane or an annotation that indicates the True North direction.