Click Modify, and then select the bottom edge of the wall layer you want to be able to extend (for example, the siding). Once selected, click to unlock the padlock icon. Repeat this step for any other layers you want to be able to modify.
How do you unlock layers in Revit?
Solved by ToanDN. Go to Solution. Hover the mouse cursor over the padlock until the blue lock turns yellow, then click to unlock.
How do I change a layer wall in Revit?
Edit Layers in a Compound Structure
- Select the compound element, and on the Properties palette, click (Edit Type).
- For Structure, click Edit. …
- Click Insert to insert a layer, or select a layer to modify.
- If you want to move the position of the layer, select the layer, and click Up or Down.
How do you split a layer wall in Revit?
To split a layer or region horizontally, highlight one of the borders. A preview split line displays when you highlight a border. After you split a region or layer horizontally, click the border between the regions. A blue control arrow displays with a temporary dimension.
How do you extend walls in Revit?
click Modify tab Modify panel Trim drop-down (Trim/Extend Multiple Elements). Select the reference to use as a boundary. Use one or both of the following methods to select the elements to trim or extend: Click to select each element to trim or extend.
How do you split a vertical wall in Revit?
- Click Modify tab Modify panel (Split Element).
- Place the cursor on the wall or line at the point you wish to split. Note: A stacked wall can only be split vertically. …
- Click to place the split. A permanent horizontal line displays on the wall indicating the split.
Where is the cut geometry tool in Revit?
Click Modify tab Geometry panel Cut drop-down (Cut Geometry). Select the object to be cut. Select the instance with which to cut.
How do you cut a line between two lines in Revit?
click Modify tab Modify panel (Trim/Extend Multiple Elements). Select the reference to use as a boundary. Then select each of the elements to trim or extend. For any elements that cross the boundary, the part that you click is retained.