How do you set dimensions in Revit?
Change a Dimension Value
- Select an element that the dimension references.
- Click the dimension value. If the dimension is locked, the lock control appears next to it. …
- In the edit box, type a new value for the dimension, and press Enter . The element moves to satisfy the new dimension requirement.
How do you turn on dimensions in Revit?
Turn On the Visibility of Automatic Sketch Dimensions
- While in sketch mode, click View tab Graphics panel (Visibility/Graphics), or type VG.
- On the Annotation Categories tab of the Visibility/Graphic Overrides dialog, expand the Dimensions category, select Dimensions, and select Automatic Sketch Dimensions.
- Click OK.
Why won’t my dimensions show up in Revit?
Causes: This can occur for multiple reasons: Multiple elements are selected. If it takes more than 200 milliseconds for Revit to calculate the temporary dimensions, when selecting an element, then to maintain good performance Revit will abort this calculation and the temporary dimensions will not be displayed.
How do you add a dimension line in Revit?
Add a linear dimension to a drawing to measure between 2 points.
- Click Annotate tab Dimension panel (Linear).
- Place the cursor at a reference point on an element, such as a wall or a line, or at the intersection of references, such as a join between 2 walls. …
- Click to specify the reference.
How do you change dimension precision in Revit?
Right-click the dimension, and then select Edit from the menu. In the Edit Dimension dialog box, click the Precision and Tolerance tab.