How do you make a multibody part in SolidWorks?
To save an assembly as a multibody part document:
- Open an assembly document.
- Click File > Save As. The Save As dialog box appears.
- Set the Save as type to Part (*. prt, *. …
- Select one of the following: Exterior Faces to save the exterior faces as Surface Bodies . …
- Select or clear the following: …
- Click Save.
How do you cut out a part in SolidWorks?
Click Cut With Surface on the Features toolbar, or click Insert > Cut > With Surface. In the PropertyManager, under Surface Cut Parameters, select the surface or plane to use to cut the solid bodies. Examine the preview. If necessary, click Flip cut to reverse the direction of the cut.
How do you use cavities in SolidWorks?
To create a cavity in the mold base:
- Optional: Insert the design parts and the mold base into an interim assembly.
- In the assembly window, select the mold base, and click Edit Component on the Assembly toolbar. …
- Click Cavity on the Mold Tools toolbar, or click Insert > Mold > Cavity.
Can you split a SolidWorks part into two?
Use the Split feature to create multiple parts from an existing part. You can create separate part files, and form an assembly from the new parts. You can split one or more solid or surface bodies. To split a surface, the Trimming Surface must extend past the boundaries of the surface to split.
How do you subtract in Solidworks?
To subtract bodies:
- Click Combine. (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Combine.
- In the PropertyManager, under Operation Type, select Subtract.
- For Main Body, select the body to keep. …
- For Bodies to Subtract, select the bodies whose material you want to remove.
- Click Show Preview to preview the feature.
- Click .
How do I convert assembly to Solidworks?
To save a part as an assembly and create instance counts from similar bodies:
- Click Insert > Features > Save Bodies.
- In the Save Bodies PropertyManager, under Create Assembly, select Derive resulting parts from similar bodies or cut list.
How do you cut a part in assembly in SolidWorks?
- In the assembly, click Edit Component for the part to be cut.
- Insert – Feature – Cavity.
- Select the part that you wish to do the cutting with.
- Hide the cutting tool if necessary. You can’t suppress or delete it, as the cavity feature is referencing it.
How do you invert a part in Solidworks?
To invert selection:
- Select items to be excluded.
- Click Invert Selection. (Selection filter toolbar) or Tools > Invert Selection.
How do you offset a body in Solidworks?
- Click Offset Surface (Surfaces toolbar) or Insert > Surface > Offset.
- In the PropertyManager: Select surfaces or faces in the graphics area for Surface or Faces to Offset . Set a value for Offset Distance. You can create an offset surface with a distance of zero. …
- Click OK .
How do you make a mold in Solidworks?
Open a part containing a core surface body, a cavity surface body, and a parting surface body. Select a face or plane that is perpendicular to the direction of pull. The selected face or plane is used to define a sketch outline that splits the core and cavity segments. Click Tooling Split (Mold Tools toolbar).
How do you use surface trim?
To trim a surface:
- Create two or more surfaces that intersect at one or more points, or create a surface that intersects with a plane or has a sketch on its face.
- Click Trim Surface on the Surfaces toolbar, or click Insert > Surface > Trim.
- In the PropertyManager, under Trim Type, select a type:
How do you make lips in SOLIDWORKS?
Create a lip or groove fastening feature by clicking Lip/Groove (Fastening Features toolbar) or Insert > Fastening Feature > Lip/Groove.
How do you move a part in SOLIDWORKS?
Click Move Component (Assembly toolbar) or Tools > Component > Move. The Move Component PropertyManager appears, and the pointer changes to . Select one or more components in the graphics area. Select a component and drag in any direction.