How do I export a configuration in Solidworks?
To export configuration list:
- From Windows, click Start > All Programs > SOLIDWORKS version > SOLIDWORKS Tools > Toolbox Settings .
- Click 2 – Customize Your Hardware.
- On the Customize Hardware page, select an individual component.
- At the upper right of the configuration list, click Import/Export and click Export Data.
Can I copy a configuration in Solidworks?
You can save a copy of a part or assembly with a subset of configurations from the ConfigurationManager tab. When selecting configurations to save, the active configuration is selected by default.
How do I set configurations in Solidworks?
To add and edit configurations:
- Pause the pointer over a part or assembly template to display the configurations option.
- Click . …
- Click Add Configuration, type a configuration name, and click OK.
- Click to add instances of a configuration to the assembly.
How do you update a configuration in Solidworks?
To edit the configuration properties:
- In the ConfigurationManager , right-click the configuration name, and select Properties.
- Set options in the PropertyManager. Click Custom Properties to add or modify custom properties for the configuration.
- Click .
How do I create a different configuration in Solidworks assembly?
Special Assembly Configurations
- Click File > Open.
- Browse to the desired assembly document, select Advanced under Configurations, and click Open.
- In the Configure Document dialog box, select one of the following: Option. Description. …
- Type a new Configuration name, and click OK. The assembly opens in the new configuration.
How do I convert a Solidworks file to Step?
To set the STEP export options:
- Click File > Save As.
- Select a STEP file type for Save as type, then click Options.
- Select from the options described below, then click OK.
- Click Save to export the document.
What is ADD derived configuration?
Derived configurations allow you to create a parent-child relationship within a configuration. By default, all parameters in the child configuration are linked to the parent configuration. If you change a parameter in the parent configuration, the change automatically propagates to the child.
How do you copy a part in Solidworks?
Select the parent file and click Tools > Copy Tree . A dialog box appears to let you specify how the copy is performed. For a description of the options in the dialog box, see Copy Tree Dialog Box. Select whether the files should be copied to a folder or a compressed archive.
How do you copy an exploded view in Solidworks?
Using Keyboard Shortcuts to Copy Exploded Views
You can use Ctrl + C and Ctrl + V to copy exploded views from the active configuration to another configuration. To copy exploded views: In the ConfigurationManager , under the active configuration, select one or more Exploded View features. Press Ctrl + C.
Where is Configuration Manager in SOLIDWORKS?
Click the ConfigurationManager tab at the top of the Manager Pane.
What is the purpose of using configurations?
Configurations allow you to create multiple variations of a part or assembly model within a single document. Configurations provide a convenient way to develop and manage families of models with different dimensions, components, or other parameters.