What is a Catproduct file?
What is CATPRODUCT file? CATPRODUCT is a file extension commonly associated with CATIA V5 Assembly Format files. CATIA V5 Assembly Format format was developed by Dassault Systemes. Files with CATPRODUCT extension may be used by programs distributed for Mac OS, Windows platform.
How do I open a cat file?
CATIA Part and Product File Import
- Click File > Open.
- Navigate to the folder containing CATIA part or product files to open.
- For Files of type, select CATIA.
- Select the CATPart or CATProduct file and click Open. SOLIDWORKS imports the CATIA V5 file.
How do I convert parts to CATIA?
It looks like this:
- Click Product to Part or select Tools > Generate CATPart from Product… menu and select the node Assembly_01 .
- The dialog box is displayed. In Assembly Design: In Product Data Filtering:
- Click OK . A progress bar is displayed while Assembly_01_AllCATPart is created. It looks like this:
How do I save a STL file in CATIA?
To save a model or a model assembly in STL Format:
- File > Save As (Save As dialog box opens)
- From the Save as type drop-down menu select STL (*.stl)
- Click Options.
- The Export Options dialog box will display the file in a tessellated view.
- File Format selection is STL.
What is cat part?
CATPART is a part file created by CATIA V5, a 3D CAD manufacturing applicatio. It stores a part model, including the three-dimensional geometry and structure data; can be combined with other parts into a . CATPRODUCT assembly file.
What software opens Catpart files?
Programs that open CATPART files
- Dassault Systemes CATIA.
- Autodesk Inventor 2022.
- Autodesk Fusion 360.
- Okino Computer Graphics PolyTrans.
What program opens IGS files?
Most CAD programs and any text editor will open an IGES file, both on Windows and Mac.
Can CATIA V5 open STL Files?
Using STL Files in CATIA
In order to open/import a STL file in CATIA V5, users must have available a STL module included in their license or a configuration which contains the STL module.
WHAT IS STEP file in CATIA?
STEP files are part of the ISO standard ISO 10303 and are internationally recognised as a convenient way of transferring CAD files between different CAD systems.
How do I combine parts in Catia V5?
Right click on the body you want to be the main body and choose “define in work object”… then right click on the body you want to merge and choose “body obect” (at the bottom) then choose “add” if you need further help i can add screen shots if you would like.