How do I enable group commands in AutoCAD?
Type GROUP in the command line and press Enter. At the prompt, enter n and type a name for the group. Select the objects to group and press Enter.
How do I turn on group selection in AutoCAD?
To Control Whether Grouped Objects can be Selected Individually
- Click Home tab Groups panel Group Selection On/Off Find.
- At any time, turn group selection on and off by pressing either Ctrl+H or Ctrl+Shift+A.
How do I unblock a group in AutoCAD?
Rest your cursor on the outside edge of the AutoCAD drawing until your cursor changes to this icon: Right-click, and then click CAD Drawing Object > Properties. Click to deselect the Lock size and position and Lock against deletion checkboxes.
How does group work in AutoCAD?
Create and Work with a Group
Select several objects that you want to group. The objects now belong to a group. Start the Copy command, select one of the objects in the group, and specify the location for the copied objects. With group selection turned on, the copy of the group is also a separate group.
How do I view groups in AutoCAD?
In the drawing area, select an object. Select the object whose groups you want to view. In the Group Manager, right-click in the list of groups, and choose Show Groups for Selected Objects.
What is the difference between group and block in AutoCAD?
A group is a group of objects. Basically, Blocks are copies that will change if you change one.
How do you use a command block in AutoCAD?
How do you create a block?
- Draw the objects that you want in the block.
- Choose Home tab> Block panel> Create to start the BLOCK command. …
- Type a name in the Name text box. …
- You need to specify a base point. …
- In the Objects section, click the Select Objects button. …
- Just below, choose Retain, Convert to Block, or Delete.
What does a group manager allow you to do?
By default, selecting any member of a group selects all the objects in that group, and you can move, copy, rotate, and modify groups just as you can modify individual objects.
How do you explode a block?
Exploding Blocks, Polylines, Hatches, and Dimensions
- Click Modify > Explode (or type Explode).
- In the graphics area, select objects to explode and press Enter. The selected objects are exploded. You can edit the individual objects.
How do I unblock in AutoCAD 2022?
By Selecting an Object
- Click the Model tab.
- Do either of the following: Click Home tab Layers panel Lock. Find. Click Home tab Layers panel Unlock. Find.
- Select an object on the layer that you want to lock or unlock.
What is block in AutoCAD?
In AutoCAD, a block is a collection of objects that are combined into a single named object. The following are some sample blocks at various scales. Some of these blocks are realistic representations of objects, some are symbols, and one of them is an architectural title block for a D-size drawing.
How do I lock a group in AutoCAD?
If necessary, open the Layer Properties Manager by clicking Home tab Layers panel Layer Properties. Click the layer group whose properties you want to change, and specify properties: If you want to… right-click, select Lock, and select Lock or Unlock Off.