How do I cut a STL file into pieces?
Windows 3D Builder: Open the STL in Windows 3D Builder. Under “Edit”, select the split function to show the cutting plane in the model. You can rotate the cutting plane at any angle along the three axes and move it to cut at the desired position.
Can you edit an STL file in Inventor?
STL files can be imported into Inventor using the Open command. The obtained model is a 3D mesh, which cannot be edited in Inventor or converted to workable objects.
How do I edit a STL file?
This can be very useful for simple edits such as adding text, removing part of the design, or combining two STLs into a single model.
- Step 1: Import an STL. …
- Step 2: Apply Size and Scaling Adjustments. …
- Step 3: Edit STL File. …
- Step 4: Export as STL. …
- Step 1: Open STL file and convert it to solid model. …
- Step 2: Edit STL file.
How do you trim an object in Inventor?
Trim or Remove One Side of a Solid Body
- Click 3D Model tab Modify panel Split .
- In the Split dialog box, click Trim Solid .
- Using the Split Tool selector, click a work plane, 2D sketch, or surface body to use to trim the solid.
- Under Remove, select which side to remove.
- Click OK.
How do you cut a 3D model into pieces?
Step by Step
- Open 3D Builder and choose Open to select your model.
- Select the Edit tab on the top menu.
- Select the split action from the edit menu.
- Select the Keep Both option from the split menu.
- Position the cutting plane using the rotation gyroscope.
- Select Cut to select your choice.
How do I convert STL to DWG?
- Go to the online converter.
- Click on “Choose” and select the STL files from your computer. …
- Select the target format as DXF and press the “Convert” button.
- The page will refresh once finished and a download link will become available.
- Download the file and open it directly with AutoCAD.
How do you convert STL to steps?
If you need to tackle the STL to STEP conversion, you’re in luck. Check out these two straightforward ways to convert your files! STL files are the standard format for 3D objects, especially for 3D printing.
- Step 1: Insert the mesh. Go to “Insert > Insert Mesh”. …
- Step 2: Convert the Mesh to a Solid. …
- Step 3: Save as STEP.
How do you convert mesh to solid?
To Convert a Mesh Object to a 3D Solid
- Click Mesh tab Convert Mesh panel Convert Options drop-down.
- Specify one of the following conversion options: Smooth, optimized. …
- Click Mesh Modeling tab Convert Mesh panel Convert to Solid.
- Select a mesh object that has no gaps or intersecting faces.
Can you edit STL files in Fusion 360?
Before editing a STL or OBJ mesh model in Fusion 360, you will need to convert it to a BRep solid. But Fusion complains if you attempt to convert complex meshes with many faces (triangles). This is how you can simplify (reduce) the imported mesh model to make it editable.