How do you mirror an object in FreeCAD?
- Select the source object from the Mirroring Panel list.
- Select a standard Mirror plane from the dropdown menu.
- Press OK to create the image object.
How do you duplicate a sketch in FreeCAD?
- Select sketcher element for copy operation.
- Click on the Copy button in the toolbar or choose Sketch → Sketcher tools → Copy from the Sketch menu.
- Move the mouse in the 3D view to the desired location for the copy. …
- Left-click in the 3D view to create the copy.
How do you map a sketch to a face on FreeCAD?
- Select the face of a PartDesign feature or a solid.
- Click on the Map sketch to face icon in the toolbar (or go to the PartDesign or Sketch menu depending on which workbench is active)
- In the Select sketch dialog window that opens, select from the list the sketch to map to the face and click OK.
How do you copy a geometry of another sketch in FreeCAD?
- Make sure you are in the edit mode of an existing. Sketch. …
- Carbon copy button.
- Click on an edge from another sketch. This sketch is the source of the operation.
- Geometry elements as well as constraints are copied into the active sketch.
- Press Esc or the right mouse button to terminate the operation.
How do I merge sketches in Freecad?
- Select two or more sketches.
- Click on Merge sketches or choose Sketch → Merge sketches from the top menu.
- The resulting sketch will be created as a separate new object.
What is shape binder Freecad?
Description. The PartDesign ShapeBinder tool creates a shape binder referencing geometry from a single parent object. A ShapeBinder is used inside a PartDesign Body to reference geometry outside the Body. Using external geometry directly in a Body is not allowed and will lead to out of scope errors.
How do I merge bodies in Freecad?
- Press the. Part Fuse button in the Part tools toolbar.
- Use the Part → Boolean → Union entry in the Part menu.
What is construction mode in Freecad?
If construction mode is on new Draft objects, except Draft Points, are placed in a dedicated group and given a predefined color. This feature is intended for, often temporary, construction geometry used to provide new snap points for creating other objects.