To open the properties palettes goto tools-palettes-properties or ctrl+1. There is also on the menu bar Format->Units… hover over the insertion scale drop down box for the description, you can change the scale a block is inserted in without changing the block itself.
How do I change block properties?
To Edit Attribute Values and Properties for a Block Reference
- Click Home tab Block panel Edit Single Attribute. Find.
- In the drawing area, select the block you want to edit.
- In the Enhanced Attribute Editor, select the attribute you want to edit. …
- Make the attribute changes you want, and then do one of the following:
Can you edit a block in AutoCAD?
To edit a block in-place, do any of the following: Right-click on the block and select Edit Block In-Place. Use the command REFEDIT to open the in-place block editor for a selected block. After editing, use the REFCLOSE command to close it.
How do I match block properties in AutoCAD?
How do I match attribute properties in Autocad?
- Click Home tab > Properties panel > Match Properties. Find.
- Select the object from which you want to copy properties.
- If you want to specify which properties are copied, enter s (Settings). …
- Select the objects to which you want to copy the properties, and press Enter.
What is a block attribute?
An attribute is a label or tag that attaches data to a block. Examples of data that might be contained in an attribute are part numbers, prices, comments, and owners’ names.
How do you edit properties in AutoCAD?
Right-click, and then click CAD Drawing Object > Properties. Click the Layer tab.
Change AutoCAD layer properties
- Clicking the word Yes changes it to No.
- Clicking a color will open the Colors dialog, where you can specify a different color.
- Clicking the line weight lets you specify a new weight.
How do I edit a block in AutoCAD 2019?
In the Edit Block Definition dialog box, do one of the following:
- Select a block definition from the list.
if the drawing is the block definition you want to open.
- Edit the block in the block editor.
- Click Save to save the changes to the same block. Save block definition dialog box opens up.
How do I set units and limits in AutoCAD?
To Set the Display Limits of the Grid
- At the Command prompt, enter limits.
- Enter the coordinates for a point at the lower-left corner of the grid limits.
- Enter the coordinates for a point at the upper-right corner of the grid limits.
- At the Command prompt, enter griddisplay, and enter a value of 0.
How do I check my units in AutoCAD?
Go to Application menu on the top left of AutoCAD window and select Drawing Utilities option and then select Units as shown in the image below. Alternatively, you can also use its command UN. The Drawing Units window will open with default settings as per the selected template.