How do you copy in Civil 3D?
To Copy a Surface
- In the drawing area, select the surface, right-click, click Basic Modify Tools Copy. …
- Pick an insertion point in the drawing area. …
- To edit the name of the surface, right-click the surface in the Prospector tree and click Properties. …
- Enter a new name in the Name field.
How do I copy a pipe network from one drawing to another in Civil 3D?
To Copy a Pipe Network
- In the drawing, select the entire pipe network. …
- Use any of the following methods to copy the pipe network to the clipboard: CTRL+C, the AutoCAD COPYCLIP command, or Clipboard Copy from the right-click context menu.
- Press CTRL+V. …
- Click an insertion point in the drawing area.
How do you copy and lower a surface in Civil 3D?
In the drawing area, select the surface, right-click, click Basic Modify Tools Copy. At the command line, you are prompted to specify a base point for the surface.
How do I copy a point group in Civil 3D?
In Toolspace, on the Prospector tab, right-click the point group you want to copy. Click Copy.
What is data shortcuts in Civil 3D?
A data shortcut provides a direct path to the location of a shareable source object. In a single operation, you can create data shortcuts for multiple objects in a source drawing. The data shortcut is used only for the creation of data references.
How do you import parts in Civil 3D?
On either the Pipes tab or the Structures tab, right-click the parts list name at the top of the Name field and click Add Part Family. The Part Catalog dialog box is displayed. In the part catalog, click the check box next to the part families you want to add, and click OK.
How copy part of a list?
Right-click on the parts list you want to copy and click Copy. The Network Parts List dialog box is displayed. A copy of the parts list is created, with Copy of appended to the parts list name. Click the Information tab, change the name for the parts list and, optionally, enter or change the description.
How do you change parts in Civil 3D?
In Toolspace, on the Settings tab, expand the Pipe Network collection, and then expand the Parts Lists collection. Right-click the desired parts list and click Edit Parts List.
How do you paste a surface in Civil 3D?
To Paste Surfaces
- In Toolspace, on the Prospector tab, expand the surface Definition collection, right-click , and click Paste Surface. …
- In the Select Surface To Paste dialog box, in the list of surfaces, select the surface that you want to paste into the current surface, and click OK.
How do I edit my surface profile in Civil 3D?
In Toolspace, on the Settings tab, do one of the following: Right-click the Profile or Profile View collection and click Edit Feature Settings. In the Profile or Profile View collection, open the Commands folder, right-click the command for which you want to change settings.
How do I copy a point from one group to another?
- Open the source drawing (with the groups you want to transfer).
- In the ToolSpace right click on Point Groups, then choose Export LandXML.
- Select the groups you want to export.
- Click OK to save the file.
How do I convert points to Cogo points in AutoCAD?
Select settings and create styles, layers, point groups, and description keys. Home tab Create Ground Data panel Points menu Convert AutoCAD Points . Select the AutoCAD points to be converted. For each point, if prompted, enter the point name and description.