How do I create a primary view in Revit?
To go to the primary view from a dependent view, right-click a dependent view crop boundary, and click Go to Primary View.
What is a dependent view in Revit?
Make multiple copies of a view that are dependent on the primary view. All copies, known as dependent views, remain synchronous with the primary view and all other dependent views, so that when view-specific changes (such as view scale and annotations) are made in one view, they are reflected in all views.
How do you make a dependent view in Revit?
Create dependent views from the Project Browser.
- In the Project Browser, select the view for which you want to create dependent views. …
- Click View tab Create panel Duplicate View drop-down Duplicate as Dependent, or right-click the view name, and click Duplicate View Duplicate as a Dependent.
How do I add view discipline in Revit?
To set the Discipline property for a view, select the view name in the Project Browser, or open the view. On the Properties palette, the Discipline property is listed in the Graphics section. Select a value from the list. The examples below are based on a model in which the following is a Level 1 section plan.
How do I organize project browser in Revit?
Click View tab Windows panel User Interface drop-down (Browser Organization). In the Browser Organization dialog, click the tab for the desired list: Views, Sheets, or Schedules. Click New. Enter a name for the organization scheme, and click OK.
How do I change the view name in Revit?
Rename a View
- In the Project Browser, right-click the view name and click Rename, or select the view and press F2. …
- In the Rename View dialog, enter a new name for the view, and click OK.
- If a level and other plan views have the exact same name as the view, a dialog displays.
What does duplicate as dependent mean in Revit?
Duplicate as a Dependent creates a copy of the view and links it to the original (parent) view, as shown in the Project Browser below. View-specific changes made to the overall view, such as changing the Scale, are also reflected in the dependent (child) views and vice-versa.
How do you create a Matchline in Revit?
Add a Matchline
- Open the primary view from which your dependent views were created.
- If crop regions are not visible, click (Show Crop Region) on the View Control Bar. …
- Click View tab Sheet Composition panel (Matchline).
- Sketch the matchline.
- When finished, click Finish Matchline.