To export an individual component or body, simply right-click the component or body in the design browser tree, and select “Save As STL” from the drop-down menu. This will open the same panel where you can configure your mesh settings. You can also change the component or body selection from this window.
How do I export individual components?
Right click on the component in the browser tree.
Select either Save Copy As, Save as STL or Export.
- Save Copy As will create a new Fusion design of the individual component. …
- Save as STL will save the component locally to your computer as an STL file. …
- Export will save a copy of the component locally as a new file.
How do you save parts in Fusion 360?
Saving your Fusion 360 design in your local storage
- Step 1: click on the file icon and select export.
- Step 2: click on the type’s drop-down menu and select “Archive Files (.f3D)”
- Step 3: apply check on “save to my computer, select the folder destination and hit save.
How do I export a selection in Fusion 360?
if you right click on the component name in the browser, you can export just the selected component. then select Step from the dialog box and the STEP file will be created localy.
How do I export a SketchUp model?
To export your model, follow these steps:
- In SketchUp, select File > Export > 3D Model. …
- Navigate to the location where you want to save your exported file.
- (Optional) Change the file name if you like. …
- Select either . …
- Click the Options button to open the Export Options dialog box, shown in the following figure.
Can Fusion 360 files be saved locally?
Note: Files are also saved on the local workstation in a temporary cache and are deleted from the cache after a specific time period (defaults to 15 days). You can this time period in Fusion 360 Preferences. To add files to your offline cache, see How to locate locally cached files in Autodesk Fusion 360.
What is the main difference between using 3D print and save as STL in Fusion 360?
Although STL is the most widely used file format for 3D printing, it also has its own limitations. STL only understands the external surface and shape of the 3D model. The second biggest problem regarding STL files is the gaps and overlaps of joining surfaces in model that are not drawn correctly.
Why is Fusion 360 STL so slow?
Fusion 360 exports STL files locally, so there is no influence of the cloud or internet bandwidth. But your 3D model has to be meshed to export STL. And the mesh granularity (triangle size, density) – if set to very detailed – can make the resulting file huge and slow to produce.