How do you move a body in Solidworks?
To move, copy, rotate, or mate a solid or surface body: Click Move/Copy Bodies (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Move/Copy. Specify parameters to move, copy, or rotate bodies. Apply mates between bodies.
Can you move features in Solidworks?
SOLIDWORKS supports several drag operations for features: reordering, moving, and copying. You can change the order in which features are rebuilt by dragging them in the FeatureManager design tree. You can move or copy features by dragging them in the model and from one model to another.
How do you move a cut Extrude in Solidworks?
Moving and Copying Features
- Select Instant3D (Features toolbar).
- In the graphics area, select the feature to move.
- Use the handles to drag the feature to its new location.
How do you move the top plane in Solidworks?
Using the plane’s handles and edges, you can do the following:
- Resize the plane by dragging a corner or edge handle.
- Move the plane by dragging the edge of the plane.
- Copy the plane by selecting a plane in the graphics area. Then hold down the Ctrl key and, using the edge, drag to a new location.
How do you merge bodies in Solidworks?
To add bodies together:
- Click Combine. (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Combine.
- In the PropertyManager, under Operation Type, select Add.
- For Bodies to Combine, select the bodies to combine. You can select bodies in the graphics area or the Solid Bodies. …
- Click Show Preview to preview the feature.
- Click .
How do I move origin to Solidworks?
To change the origin location or orientation:
- Create blocks from several sketch entities.
- In the FeatureManager design tree, right-click a Block. and select Edit Block. …
- Click Tools > Sketch Tools > Align > Align Grid/Origin.
- In the Align Grid/Origin PropertyManager, under Selections: …
- Click .
How do you move faces in Solidworks?
Click Move Face (Mold Tools or Features toolbar) or Insert > Face > Move . You can also right-click a face and click Move Face, or select Move Face on the Direct Editing CommandManager tab.
How do I copy a feature from one part to another in Solidworks?
While holding down the Ctrl key, mouse-click (select & hold) the feature you would like to copy from the Feature Manager Design Tree, then drag and drop that feature to a planar face of where you want to copy that feature to (ref. 1).