1. With your Inventor drawing file open, select the file tab, export and select export to DWG. 2. When the save as dialog box opens, change the save as type to AutoCAD DWG files.
How do I export an Inventor model to DWG?
To export data to DWG from a part (. ipt) or assembly (. iam – not available in Inventor LT) file
- From the File menu, click Export Export to DWG.
- In the DWG Model File Export Options dialog box, set the following options, and then click Next. Specify the object types to export. …
- Click OK to create the drawing.
How do I export a drawing from Inventor?
Note on saving drawing files as Autodesk Inventor Drawings (. dwg)
- Click Save As Save Copy As.
- In the Save dialog box, change the file type to AutoCAD Drawing (. …
- Click Options to start the DWG File Export Options wizard.
- In the File Export Options dialog box, set the following options, and then click Next.
How do I save Inventor drawing as DXF?
For Inventor Drawings
Open a drawing in Inventor. Go to “File” -> “Save As” –> “Save Copy As” In the dialog select DXF.
Can AutoCAD DWG files be opened and saved with Autodesk Inventor?
Autodesk Inventor files saved in Autodesk Inventor Drawing (*. dwg) format can be opened directly in AutoCAD where you can view, plot, and measure the Autodesk Inventor data. Autodesk Inventor drawing views remain linked to the parts and assemblies from which the views are created.
How do I create a DWG file in AutoCAD?
From the Files of Type list, select AutoCAD drawings (* . dwg). Then select an AutoCAD DWG file, and click Open. Save the file as an Autodesk Inventor DWG file in the Templates folder.
How much does AutoCAD Inventor cost?
How much does an Inventor subscription cost? The price of an annual Inventor subscription is $2,190 and the price of a monthly Inventor subscription is $275 . The price of a 3-year Inventor subscription is $5,915 .
How do you start drawing in Inventor?
In a part or assembly file (assembly not available in Inventor LT): Right-click the file name in the browser, select Create Drawing View. The Create New File dialog box displays. To open the standard. idw (Use Template), click Create.
What is a CAD diagram?
What is a CAD drawing? A CAD drawing is a detailed 2D or 3D illustration displaying the components of an engineering or architectural project. Computer-aided design utilizes software to create drawings to be used throughout the entire process of a design project, from conceptual design to construction or assembly.