How do I convert assembly to part in Catia?
How to convert an assembly into one solid model (single body) IN…
- Open your assembly.
- tools> create part from assembly.
- Click on the assembly you want to convert in the part tree.
- Click on OK.
- Save the new part.
How do I add materials to parts in Catia?
To assign a material to a part, do the following:
- Select the PartBody feature in the specification tree.
- Click the Apply Material icon . The Library dialog box opens. …
- Select a material family from the tabs along the top of the dialog box, then choose a material from the displayed images, and click OK.
What is the difference between product and component in Catia?
If you mean the difference between Product and Component, then the difference is that a product can be saved in a separate file and can be opened in a separate window while a component cannot do both!, a component only exists in the parent product file.
How do I convert step to Catia?
SolidWorks >> CATIA V5 (Dassault)
- To export a STEP file choose File -> Save as…, as file type choose STEP-Format (step, stp) and go to Options. …
- Under Output as the following options can be selected:
- Solid/Surface geometry: the geometry will be exported as solid and surface bodies.
How do you turn a CATProduct into a part?
Open the 01_Cric_Assembly. CATProduct from the samples directory. It looks like this: Click Product to Part or select Tools > Generate CATPart from Product…
How do you change the density of a part in Catia?
Select the Edit->Properties command or select the Properties command on the contextual menu. Click the Mass tab to display technical information. You can edit the density and the volume of the Part Body if you have applied a material to the part.
What is difference between product & component?
A product is an assembly of parts, other products or components. A component on the other hand confuses me, it seems the same as a product where it can be an assembly of parts products or components.
What is a Catia component?
A: Component or end item comprising of a number of parts or subassemblies put together to perform a specific function, and capable of disassembly without destruction. In catia, part = part file (creates new empty file in assembly workbench)