How do you curve a face in Solidworks?
Face Curves PropertyManager
- Click Face Curves (Sketch toolbar) or Tools > Sketch Tools > Face Curves, then select a face or surface.
- Select a face or surface, then click Face Curves or Tools > Sketch Tools > Face Curves.
How do you make a flat pattern in Solidworks?
To create a drawing of a flat pattern:
- Open the sheet metal part for which you want to add a drawing.
- Click Make Drawing from Part/Assembly. …
- Select a format or click OK to use the default format.
- From the View Palette, drag the Flat pattern to the drawing sheet. …
- Click .
How do you extrude a curve in Solidworks?
Extruding Surfaces from a 2D or 3D Face
- Click Insert > Surface > Extrude.
- Select a face: …
- Select other faces to define the extrude as required. …
- Select the end condition.
- For 3D faces, select a plane, edge, 2D face, or sketch line to define the direction of extrusion .
Where is the Flex feature in Solidworks?
To create Flex features, click Flex (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Flex, set the PropertyManager options, and click .
How do I add a part to a bend in Solidworks?
Using Insert Bends to Add a Body
- In a sheet metal part, select or create a plane and draw a profile sketch.
- Click Extruded Boss/Base (Features toolbar).
- In the PropertyManager: Set the direction and depth of the extrusion. …
- Click Insert Bends. (Sheet Metal toolbar) or Insert > Sheet Metal > Bends .
- In the PropertyManager:
How do you bend a part in Solidworks 2019?
To bend the sheet metal part, sketch lines on the part as shown. , or Insert > Sheet Metal > Sketched Bend . The part bends at the sketched lines.
How do I extract a surface in Solidworks?
To manually extract surfaces, select a sub-mesh, then select a surface type under Face Settings. When you extract surfaces, you might see salient sub-meshes (arrows), which are transitions between primary mesh regions.
What is the construction curve feature available in Solidworks?
You can project a sketched curve onto a model face to create a 3D curve. You can also create a 3D curve that represents the intersection of two extruded surfaces generated by creating sketches on two intersecting planes. You can create a helix or spiral curve in a part.