How do I open STL files in Catia V5?
In order to open/import a STL file in CATIA V5, users must have available a STL module included in their license or a configuration which contains the STL module. For the PLM Express configuration, this would be the Reverse Engineering (REE) package.
How do I convert STL to solid in Catia?
in CATIA v5 to create a full 3D solid model.
- Open catia Start->Machining->STL Rapid Prototyping.
- A dialog window will appaer. Write a name then ok.
- Look for STL import icon and click it, A dialog window will appear, in “selected file” browse for your stl file. The click “Apply” then “ok”
Can CATIA open STL files?
CATIA. Note: CATIA V5 is capable of creating STL files from CATPart files, but not from assemblies (CATProduct files) or geometrical representations (car files). Therefore, source files, including those saved in a neutral format (i.e. STEP or IGES), must be saved as CATParts.
Can CATIA read STL files?
Using STL Files in CATIA
In order to open/import a STL file in CATIA V5, users must have available a STL module included in their license or a configuration which contains the STL module.
What files can Catia open?
3D CAD Translation: Importing & Exporting The Right Format
|Major CAD Software||Developer||Major Import/ Export CAD Files|
|SolidWorks||Dassault Systemes||ACIS, CATIA V5, DXF/DWG, IGES, Parasolid, PDF (export only), STEP, and STL.|
|Inventor||Autodesk||ACIS, CATIA V5, DWG, IGES, JT, Parasolid, STEP.|
How do I convert Catia to STP?
SolidWorks >> CATIA V5 (Dassault)
- To export a STEP file choose File -> Save as…, as file type choose STEP-Format (step, stp) and go to Options. …
- Under Output as the following options can be selected:
- Solid/Surface geometry: the geometry will be exported as solid and surface bodies.
How do I convert STL to surface?
Importing STL files into SOLIDWORKS as a Solid or Surface model
- Start SOLIDWORKS and click Open. …
- Change the file type to STL (*.stl) …
- Notice that a new Options button is available now. …
- Change import body to Solid Body or Surface Body and press OK. …
- Browse to the STL file you want to import and click Open.
Can Solidworks open CATIA V5 files?
You can import CATIA® V5 CATPart and CATProduct files. … SOLIDWORKS imports the CATIA V5 file. You can save an imported CATPart file as a SOLIDWORKS part file, and an imported CATProduct file as a SOLIDWORKS assembly.
Can Catia open OBJ files?
obj or . blend file in CATIA V5.
Can Creo open Catia files?
Creo supports imports from CATIA V5 revisions 10 to 27 with file names up to 80 characters long. You can create and use import profiles that are specific to the CATIA V5 file format for the import, append, and assemble tasks. Import log files are automatically generated in the working directory.