How do I insert multiple parts of the same part in Solidworks assembly?
Under Part/Assembly to Insert, do one of the following:
- Ctrl + select several components from the list.
- Click Browse. In the dialog box, Ctrl + select several components and then click Open.
How do you copy multiple parts in Solidworks?
To copy multiple components:
- In the FeatureManager design tree, Ctrl + select or Shift + select the components to copy.
- Ctrl + drag the selected components and drop them in the graphics area. New instances of the components are created.
How do I add parts to a Solidworks assembly?
Right-click the component and click Insert Into Assembly. You can populate one or more holes in the assembly by preselecting the circular edges of the holes and then using Insert Into Assembly. If you do not preselect a hole, the part is placed at the assembly origin.
How do I open two solidworks files?
You can open multiple noncached files simultaneously with or without SOLIDWORKS running. For example, you can open multiple files in SOLIDWORKS via File > Open command, in SOLIDWORKS PDM File Explorer, and in Contains tab.
How do I put parts together in Inventor?
To Combine Components into Simplified Part
- Assembly (iam) file: On the ribbon, click Assemble tab expand the Simplification panel and click Create Simplified Part.
- Specify the Combine Style. You can choose between: …
- Specify the filename, file template, and the location where the file will be saved.
- Click OK.
How do I add a part to assembly in Inventor?
To Place Components in Assemblies
- On the ribbon, click Assemble tab Component panel Place to choose a component to place.
- In the Place Component dialog box, browse to the folder that contains the component, and then select the component. …
- If needed, click Options.
How do you copy a mate?
Copying Components with Mates
- Click Copy with Mates. (Assembly toolbar) or Insert > Component > Copy with Mates.
- Set options in the PropertyManager.
- Click . The PropertyManager remains open so you can create additional instances of the component.
- Click. again to close the PropertyManager.
How do you move an object in Solidworks?
To move, copy, rotate, or mate a solid or surface body: Click Move/Copy Bodies (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Move/Copy . Specify parameters to move, copy, or rotate bodies. Apply mates between bodies.
What is pack and go in Solidworks?
Gathers all related files for a model design (parts, assemblies, drawings, references, design tables, Design Binder content, decals, appearances, and scenes, and SOLIDWORKS Simulation results) into a folder or zip file. To access Pack and Go: In SOLIDWORKS, click File > Pack and Go.
How do you draw an assembly in Solidworks?
To create a drawing from within a part or assembly document:
- Click Make Drawing from Part/Assembly (Standard toolbar or New flyout menu).
- Select options for Sheet Format/Size, then click OK.
- Drag views from the View Palette into the drawing sheet, and set options in the PropertyManager.
How does a Solidworks assembly work?
To create an assembly from a part:
- Click Make Assembly from Part/Assembly (Standard toolbar) or File > Make Assembly from Part. An assembly opens with the Insert Component PropertyManager active.
- Click in the graphics area to add the part to the assembly. SOLIDWORKS makes the first component fixed.
How do I show a ribbon in Solidworks?
To display SOLIDWORKS toolbars:
- Right-click in the window border and select or clear a toolbar name.
- Click Tools > Customize. On the Toolbars tab, select the toolbars to display.