To move a drawing view using “drag and drop,” simply click on, hold and drag the drawing view listed in the feature tree and drop it in your desired location. When dragging it over a new sheet, a yellow arrow appears over the new location, indicating the drawing view is being moved.
How do I move a view to another sheet in Solidworks?
In the design tree, activate the sheet that includes the drawing view that is being moved. Click on the view with the left-mouse button and keep the button pressed. Drag the view and hover over the name of the sheet to which it is being moved.
How do we move a view on the drawing sheet?
- Select a single view or multiple views.
- Click on the view(s) and drag into a desired sheet.
- Views are moved.
How do I copy and paste a drawing view in Solidworks?
To cut/copy/paste a drawing view:
- Select the view either on the sheet or in the FeatureManager design tree.
- Click Edit, Cut or Copy.
- Change to the target sheet or drawing document, click where you want to paste the view, and click Edit, Paste.
How do you change from part to drawing in Solidworks?
- Here you see the drawing of a part called arm.
- To change the part that is in the drawing, all you have to do is right click in a drawing view and select replace model.
- Once you select Replace Model, you will have the property manager pop up where you can then browse to the file you want.
How do I insert a section view from another sheet in Inventor?
Place the base view, create the section view as always. Find the new section view in the browser pane, then click-drag it (in the browser) to the destination sheet and drop it there. That’s it.
Can we delete a drawing view how?
How can we delete a drawing view? Drawing views can be deleted just like any other objects. Simply pre-select the view and hit the [Delete] key.
Can you copy a section view in Solidworks?
To copy a Detail or Section View from one drawing to another, you must also copy the parent view. You can either copy the parent view first, or you can copy both the parent and the Detail or Section View at the same time.
How do I insert a Solidworks drawing into Word?
Embedding SolidWorks eDrawings Files in other Documents
- Open a new document in Word or PowerPoint®.
- Click Insert, Object.
- Select eDrawings
Control for Object type, then click OK.
- Right-click the eDrawings Control box and select Properties.
- For FileName, browse to any eDrawings file, then click OK.
How do you copy a table in Solidworks?
Select Insert > Tables > Bill of Materials. In BOM Options, select Copy existing table.
Can you dimension auxiliary views?
Normally, auxiliary views are projected from existing principal views. However, auxiliary views can also be drawn first and then used to create a principal view. This is done when a true measurement can only be obtained by an auxiliary view and that measurement is needed in order to create a principal view.