How do I open an Autodesk ReCap file?
In AutoCAD you can just go to the Insert tab and then insert a Recap file.
How do I import in CAD?
- Manage tab Insert panel Import. Optionally, 3D Model tab Create panel Import.
- In the applicable dialog box, set the Files of type to view the available files.
- Select the file to import and click open.
How do I open an RCS file in AutoCAD?
To Attach a Point Cloud to a Drawing
- Click Insert tab > Point Cloud panel > Attach. …
- In the Select Point Cloud File dialog box, find and select a scan (RCS) or reality capture project file (RCP) to attach. …
- In the Attach Point Cloud dialog box, specify your preferences for insertion point, scale, and rotation.
How do I open a Civil 3D template?
To start a new drawing or open a template from the Prospector tree
- In the Toolspace Prospector, click Master View from the drop-down list.
- Expand the Drawing Templates collection and right-click a template to: Create a new drawing based on the template. Open the template.
How do I open point cloud ReCap?
For more information on Autodesk ReCap, visit Autodesk Recap Help.
- Open the Revit project.
- Click Insert tab Link panel (Point Cloud).
- Specify the file or files to link, as follows: …
- For Positioning, select: …
- Click Open. …
- For raw format files, you are prompted to index the data:
Is Autodesk ReCap free?
Solution: ReCap Pro and ReCap (free) are the same desktop application with the same download and contain both the free and term-based subscription service (pro) features.
What files can ReCap import?
ReCap is your portal into the entire Autodesk suite of products. Export . RCS or . RCP files to import directly into AutoCAD, Revit, Navisworks, Inventor, and more.
What opens a .RCP file?
You can download Recomposer MIDI Sequencer Music File or Rich Chart Builder Project to open your RCP file. This will ensure that you view the file exactly as intended, unless the RCP file is corrupt. You may also Google to find out if other software packages use the same file format, and download that.
Can AutoCAD open RCP files?
In actuality, AutoCAD only supports two file formats, namely . rcs & . rcp.
What is a .RCS file?
RCS files are scan files that contain the actual spatially indexed point cloud data. RCP files are project files that point to a number of RCS files and contain additional information such as scan regions, recorded distances, and annotations.
How do I save a Civil 3D template?
To Save a Layout Template
- At the Command prompt, enter layout.
- At the prompt, enter sa to save the current layout as a template.
- Enter the name of the layout you are saving.
- In the Create Drawing File dialog box, enter a name for the drawing template file you are creating.
What is a Civil 3D template?
An Autodesk Civil 3D drawing template can contain standard AutoCAD information, such as AutoCAD settings and layers, and AutoCAD objects, such as lines and text. … Tip: You can attach one or more reference templates to a drawing to keep styles up to date.
How do you clean up point cloud recap?
- In ReCap, put your objects into regions. Hide points that you don’t want to put in a region. …
- Hide the points assigned to the Floor region.
- Use fence selection to select other objects and put them in separate regions.
- Afterwards define all the regions, unhide the regions that you want to see.
What does Autodesk Recap do?
Autodesk ReCap stands for “Reality Capture” and it is a program for working with actual point clouds from laser scans. … Each scan creates thousands of points (i.e. a point cloud) and those dots can be viewed as a simplified model of your scanned items.