How do you orient a view in Solidworks?
To rotate a drawing view around its center point:
- Click Rotate View. (View toolbar), or right-click the view and select Zoom/Pan/Rotate > Rotate View. …
- Do one of the following: Drag the view to the desired rotation. …
- Set options, then click Apply: …
- Click Close to close the dialog box.
How do you rotate a view in Solidworks 2020?
To rotate a drawing view:
- Click Rotate View. (View toolbar).
- Select a view. (You can select a view before or after activating the tool.)
- Rotate the view in one of these ways: Drag the view in the graphics area. …
- Select from these options: …
- Click Apply to update the views.
How do I change the orientation of a drawing in Solidworks?
To change the orientation of a model view:
- Select a view.
- In the PropertyManager, under Orientation, select a different view orientation.
How do you rotate an object in Solidworks without a mouse?
Press the arrow keys. Hold down Shift to rotate in 90° increments. Click Rotate View or View, Modify, Rotate; select a vertex, edge, or face; then drag the pointer.
Where is the view toolbar in Solidworks?
You can also show or hide the Heads-Up View toolbar by selecting or clearing View > Toolbars > View (Heads-Up). Search ‘Heads-up View Toolbar’ in the SOLIDWORKS Knowledge Base.
How do I change the view angle in Solidworks?
Changing the Orientation of the Standard Model Views
- Do one of the following: Use the Rotate, Zoom, and Pan tools to orient the model. Click View Selector and select a view. …
- Click Update Standard Views .
- When prompted, select the standard view you want to assign the current view to.
- Click Yes to confirm the update.
How do I move the screen in Solidworks?
To move a drawing view, use one of the following methods:
- Click and drag an entity (including edges, vertices, cosmetic threads, and so on). …
- Select a drawing view, then move (nudge) it with the arrow keys. …
- Press Alt, place the pointer anywhere in the view, and drag the view.
How do I change the view of a drawing?
Right-click and select Edit View from the menu. In the Drawing View dialog box, on the Components tab, change the options related to the source model, or any of these additional options: Change the model representations. Change the view display style.