When any 3D navigation command is active, right click the drawing area and choose Reset View. The view that was originally displayed when you entered the 3D navigation mode is restored.
How do I get the view back in AutoCAD?
To Restore the Default Home View
- Right-click the drawing area and choose Options.
- On the Open and Save tab, under File Save, click Thumbnail Preview Settings.
- Click Reset Home To Default, and click OK to exit the dialog boxes.
How do I fix the view in AutoCAD?
To Rename a View or Change View Properties
- Click View tab Views panel View Manager. …
- In the View Manager, expand View Lists as needed, and click the view name you want to change.
- In the Properties panel, click the property that you want to change.
How do I enable view in AutoCAD?
To select a viewport that is completely contained within another viewport in a layout, double-click within the larger viewport to activate it, then use CTRL+R to switch activated viewports until the desired viewport is selected. The viewports will shift according to the order in which the viewports were created.
How do I restore the ribbon in AutoCAD 2020?
To turn it back on, type RIBBON on the command line. Check to see if the view mode of the ribbon also needs to be adjusted. Click the cycle button to the right of the ribbon tab to cycle through the panel views.
How do I restore the menu bar in AutoCAD?
To Display a Toolbar
- To display the menu, click Quick Access Toolbar drop-down > Show Menu Bar.
- To display a toolbar, click Tools menu > Toolbars and select the required toolbar.
How do I change the view layout in AutoCAD?
Redefine a layout viewport boundary
- Click a layout tab.
- Click Layout tab Layout Viewports panel Clip. …
- Select either an existing object to designate as the new viewport boundary, or specify the points of a new boundary. …
- Click OK.
How do I change the view in AutoCAD 3D?
To Display a Preset 3D View
- Click View tab Views panel View Manager. Find. The View tab is not displayed by default, so an alternative method is to enter VIEW at the Command prompt. You can also employ the ViewCube in the top-right corner of the drawing area.
- Select a preset view (Top, Bottom, Left, and so on).
How do I select front view in AutoCAD?
Get to the view you want to see, I.E. front view, then type UCS and hit enter. Then type V and enter. This will change the UCS to the current view you are looking at and place it so the Z axis is up in your view.
Why can’t I see my viewport in AutoCAD?
To restore the missing viewport, do the following: In the Layer Properties Manager, make sure the layer that contains the viewport geometry is not turned off or frozen. Go to the layout tab that contains the problem viewport. … On the Quick Select dialog box, set the Object type to Viewport and click OK.
How do I manage viewports in AutoCAD?
To adjust the size, shape, and border of the new layout viewport, select the layout viewport and click a size grip one of the corners of the viewport object. To move the layout viewport, click the move grip at the center of the viewport and click a new location. Alternatively, you can use the Move command.
How do you make a viewport active in AutoCAD?
Click Layout tab Layout Viewports panel Insert View. Right click to display a list of scales and click one of them. Click to place the layout viewport on the layout.