To restore the settings, head to the top of your SOLIDWORKS window and click on the dropdown arrow to the right of the settings button and select “Save/Restore Settings…” This time, select the “Restore Settings – Restore SOLIDWORKS settings from a file” button and click Next.
Where are my SOLIDWORKS settings stored?
To save SOLIDWORKS settings:
- Select “Tools > Save/Restore Settings…”.
- SOLIDWORKS Copy Settings Wizard opens. Select “Save Settings”.
- Select where to save the settings. You can change the directory from “Browse” button. Select which settings you want to save. …
- Now your settings have been saved in *. sldreg file.
How do I restore my SOLIDWORKS toolbar?
To return all toolbar options to the system defaults, click Reset To Defaults. To specify which toolbars appear for part, assembly, or drawing documents: Open a part, assembly, or drawing document. Click Tools > Customize, or right-click in the window border and select Customize.
How do I save my SOLIDWORKS settings?
The Copy Settings Wizard saves, restores, and propagates system settings to users, computers, or profiles. You can launch the Copy Settings Wizard from Tools > Save/Restore Settings in the SOLIDWORKS software or click Start > ALL PROGRAMS > SOLIDWORKS > SOLIDWORKS TOOLS > Copy Settings Wizard .
How do I import a setting into SOLIDWORKS?
1. Type Copy Settings Wizard into your Windows Search menu to open the desired version of SOLIDWORKS Copy Settings Wizard dialog. 2. Select Save Settings to export a settings file or select Restore Settings to import a previously saved Settings File.
What is a Sldreg file?
SLDREG filename suffix is mostly used for SolidWorks Settings files. SolidWorks Settings specification was created by SolidWorks Corporation. SLDREG files are supported by software applications available for devices running Windows. Files with SLDREG extension are categorized as Settings Files files.
How do you copy a profile in SOLIDWORKS?
Click Edit > Copy or press Ctrl+C.
How do I restore a Solidworks default view?
To restore a view to its original rotation: Right-click the view and select Alignment > Default Rotation.
Where is the standard toolbar in Solidworks?
When you open the SolidWorks application for the first time, the Task Pane appears and the Standard toolbar is available with tools such as New, Open, and Save. To display additional toolbars, right-click an edge of the SolidWorks window and select a toolbar. The toolbar docks to an edge of the window.