How do I save a SolidWorks File as an STL File?
1. Create your part in SolidWorks. Once it is complete, click File, then click Save As. When you click ‘Save As’ and then select STL under ‘Save As Type’ a button labeled ‘Options…’ appears near the bottom of the ‘Save As’ window.
Can you save SolidWorks assembly as STL?
You can set the export options when you export SolidWorks part or assembly documents as STL files. … Click File, Save As. Select STL (*. stl) for Save as type, then click Options.
How do you change a file type to STL?
To save a model or a model assembly in STL Format:
- File > Save As (Save As dialog box opens)
- From the Save as type drop-down menu select STL (*.stl)
- Click Options.
- The Export Options dialog box will display the file in a tessellated view.
- File Format selection is STL.
Is there a free version of SolidWorks?
Currently, there are two options available to try SOLIDWORKS for free. The first option is through MySolidWorks which offers an online product trial of the latest version of SOLIDWORKS Premium, all from within your browser. … These SOLIDWORKS trials can be created for 7, 15, or 30 days.
How do I convert a SolidWorks file to 3D printing?
To export a 3D print file:
- Click File > Print3D. …
- In the Print3D PropertyManager, expand Save To File.
- For Format, choose one of the following: …
- Click Save File.
- In the Save As dialog box, select a location for the saved file and type a file name. …
- Click Options. …
- Click OK.
- Click Save.
How do I reduce the size of a STL file in SOLIDWORKS?
The command can be found in the Insert menu > Net > Reduce mesh object. Then select the file and choose the reduction as a percentage or by entering the target number of triangles. You can also reduce the triangles locally using the facets painter.
How do you convert Sldprt to STL?
It’s very easy and fast – you just have to open your SLDPRT file in SolidWorks, click on “Save as” in the “File” menu, choose “STL file format”, and save it.
How do I change STL settings in SolidWorks?
To set the STL export options:
- Click File, Save As.
- Select STL (*. stl) for Save as type, then click Options.
- Select from the options described below, then click OK.
- Click Save to export the document.
How do you save an assembly in SolidWorks?
To open the Save Assembly as Part PropertyManager:
- In an assembly, click File > Save As.
- Select Part (*. prt;*. sldprt) for the file type.
- Select Include specified components.
- Select Override defaults.
- Click Save.
How do I convert STL to G code?
Converting STL Files to G-code
- Step 1: Download a conversion tool. …
- Step 2: Import your . …
- Step 3: Repair the mesh. …
- Step 4: Convert your mesh to a shape. …
- Step 5: Convert the shape to a solid. …
- Step 6: Export your solid to a . …
- Step 7: Import your file in to Fusion 360. …
- Step 8: Generate toolpaths.
Can you convert FBX to STL?
You can’t 3D print an FBX file, but you can convert it to an STL. When converting one file format to another, the only information stored and successfully transferred in the conversion process is the information supported and included in both file formats.