Can you Copy a sketch into another part in SolidWorks?
You can copy an entire sketch and paste it on a face in the current part, or you can paste it into a different sketch, or into a part, assembly, or drawing document. … Click Edit > Copy or press Ctrl+C.
How do you use one sketch for multiple features?
To create different features with the same sketch:
- Create a sketch.
- Create a feature from the sketch.
- In the FeatureManager design tree, select the same sketch used to create the first feature.
- Create a second feature from the sketch. You can add additional sketches as required to create the features.
How do I switch between sketches in SolidWorks?
Ctrl+Tab. This shortcut is used to switch between open documents inside of SOLIDWORKS and works with drawings, assemblies and parts.
What is required to create a new 2D sketch?
To create a sketch in a part or assembly file, do one of the following:
- On the 3D Model tab, click Start 2D Sketch or Start 3D Sketch .
- Right-click in the browser and choose New Sketch or New 3D Sketch.
- Click a planar face or work plane of a part and choose New Sketch.
Can you mirror a sketch in Solidworks?
Mirroring Sketch Entities as You Sketch Them
(Sketch toolbar) or Tools > Sketch Tools > Dynamic Mirror . Symmetry symbols appear at both ends of the line or edge. Create the sketch entities that you want to mirror. The entities are mirrored as you sketch them.
How do you make a linear sketch pattern in Solidworks?
To create a linear sketch pattern:
- In an open sketch, click Linear Sketch Pattern. (Sketch toolbar) or Tools > Sketch Tools > Linear Pattern.
- In the PropertyManager, under Entities to Pattern, select the sketch entities to pattern .
- Set values for Direction 1 (X-axis). …
- Repeat for Direction 2 (Y-axis). …
- Click .
How do I copy and paste a sketch in AutoCAD to Solidworks?
To copy and paste entities from AutoCAD to a SOLIDWORKS drawing document:
- In AutoCAD, open a DXF or DWG file. This example shows a DWG file. …
- In SOLIDWORKS, open the SOLIDWORKS drawing document into which you want to paste the entities. …
- Click Edit > Paste to paste the entities onto the active sheet.
Can I move a plane in SOLIDWORKS?
Move the plane by dragging the edge of the plane. Copy the plane by selecting a plane in the graphics area. Then hold down the Ctrl key and, using the edge, drag to a new location. An offset plane is created.
Does SOLIDWORKS have keyboard shortcuts?
With SOLIDWORKS keyboard shortcuts, you’ll be able to launch commands quickly instead of wasting time searching for them in the toolbar. Plus, you can create custom shortcuts based on the commands and features you use most frequently. What are SOLIDWORKS mouse gestures?
What key do you use to alternate between planes when doing a 3 D sketch?
The origin of the current sketch plane is displayed. You can also create 3D sketches using a 3D sketch plane. To change the coordinate system for your 3D sketch, click the desired sketch tool, hold down the Ctrl key, and click a plane, a planar face, or a user-defined coordinate system.