How do you fill a rectangle in Solidworks?
Adding Area Hatch or Solid Fill
- In a drawing document, select a model face, a segment of a closed sketch profile, or a region bounded by a combination of model edges and sketch entities. You can make multiple selections. …
- Click Area Hatch/Fill. …
- Set options in the Area Hatch/Fill PropertyManager.
- Click .
How do you fill a shape in Solidworks?
To create a filled surface, click Filled Surface on the Surfaces toolbar, or click Insert > Surface > Fill, set the PropertyManager options, and click OK . Set the PropertyManager options based on the type of filled surface you want to create.
How do I fill a sketch with color in Solidworks?
The default color of the solid fill is black. You can change the color of the fill by selecting the area hatch in the graphics area and clicking Line Color on the Line Format toolbar (except in section views). Select a crosshatch pattern from the Pattern list. The pattern is displayed in the preview window.
How do I edit a hatch in Solidworks?
To edit a hatch pattern or color fill:
- Click Modify > Entity > Hatch (or type EditHatch).
- Specify an existing hatch.
- In the Hatch/Fill dialog box, select Hatch to update the hatch or Fill to update the color fill. You can also add additional entities to the set of entities to be edited.
How do you cut a pattern in Solidworks?
Step 1: Select Linear Pattern and choose the axis that you wish the pattern along the axis. Step 2: Select the Features and Face, in this case which is the extrude cut in the part. Step 3: Check the box “Instance to Vary”. Step 5: We will need to change the increment of the length and width of this cut.
How do you repeat a pattern in Solidworks?
To create a linear sketch pattern:
- In an open sketch, click Linear Sketch Pattern. (Sketch toolbar) or Tools > Sketch Tools > Linear Pattern.
- In the PropertyManager, under Entities to Pattern, select the sketch entities to pattern .
- Set values for Direction 1 (X-axis). …
- Repeat for Direction 2 (Y-axis). …
- Click .