How do you create a surface from contours in Civil 3D?
To Add Contour Data to a Surface
- In Toolspace, on the Prospector tab, expand the surface Definition collection, right-click Contours, and click Add.
- In the Add Contour Data dialog box, enter the contour description in the Description field.
How do you convert polyline to surface in Civil 3D?
To create a surface projection using a 2D line or polyline.
- Select feature line in the canvas (alternatively type FEATUREELEVSFROMSURF command)
- Click on “Elevation from Surface” button.
- In the Set Elevations From Surface dialog box, select the surface onto which you want to project the feature line.
How do you make a polyline into a surface?
Start by checking the polylines to make sure they are elevated. Open the AutoCAD Properties palette, select a polyline, and note that the elevation of that polyline is not 0.00. If you have polylines without elevations, they must be modified to the correct elevation before placing them into your surface.
What is a contour in Civil 3D?
Contours are graphical illustrations of surface elevation changes. You can create a surface from contours drawn as 2D or 3D polylines where each unique polyline contains points that are all at the same elevation. … Contour data can be added only to TIN surfaces.
What is surface in Civil 3D?
A surface is a three-dimensional geometric representation of an area of land, or, in the case of volume surfaces, is a difference or composite between two surface areas. Surfaces are made up of triangles or grids, which are created when Autodesk Civil 3D connects the points that make up the surface data.
What is a contour shape?
1 : an outline especially of a curving or irregular figure : shape the sleek contours of the car The map shows the contour of the coastline.
How do you make surfaces from AECC contours?
Go to Solution. Explode the Aecc contours. They should become polylines which you can then add as contours. You can explode those AECC contours and then add them to your surface or you can import the Land Desktop data via the IMPORTLDTDATA command.