How do you delete a subassembly in Solidworks?
In an assembly with a subassembly, in the FeatureManager design tree, select a subassembly component and press Delete. In the dialog box, select whether to Delete the subassembly, or Delete only the selected components. In the Confirm Delete dialog box, verify the component and dependent items to delete and click Yes.
How do I delete a section in Solidworks?
Click the component in the graphics area or in the FeatureManager design tree. Press the Delete key, click Edit > Delete, or right-click and select Delete. Click Yes to confirm the deletion. The component and all its dependent items (mates, component patterns, explode steps, and so on) are removed.
How do I change the sub assembly in Solidworks?
To replace one or more components:
- Do one of the following: Click Replace Components (Assembly toolbar). Click File > Replace. …
- Specify options as described below, then click . The selected component instances are replaced. If you chose Manually select, choose the configuration to open in the Configurations dialog box.
Can you undo a subassembly dissolve?
You can dissolve components of subassemblies or weldments in a bill of materials (BOM). To undo one or more dissolves, right-click a cell in the assembly structure of the BOM indicating dissolved items and select Restore Restructured Components. …
How do I delete a STEP file in Solidworks?
Deleting Components from an Assembly
- Click the component in the graphics area or in the FeatureManager design tree.
- Press the Delete key, click Edit > Delete, or right-click and select Delete.
- Click Yes to confirm the deletion.
How do you delete a body in assembly in Solidworks?
- Click Delete Solid/Surface on the Features toolbar, or click Insert > Features > Delete Body.
- In the PropertyManager, select bodies in the graphics area or from the Solid Bodies folder for Solid/Surface Bodies to Delete .
- Click OK .
How do I edit a step file in Solidworks?
You need to add a feature to the imported body.
- Select the bottom face of the imported body.
- Click Chamfer . …
- Under Chamfer Parameters, make the desired settings and click OK . …
- Right-click Imported1 in the FeatureManager design tree and select Edit Feature. …
- Click OK. …
- Select the STEP file and click Open.
How do I fix sub assembly in Solidworks?
To fix or float an assembly component:
- Right-click the component in the graphics area or the component’s name in the FeatureManager design tree.
- Select Fix or Float.
- In assemblies with multiple configurations, select This Configuration, All Configurations, or Specified Configurations.
How do I update Solidworks assembly?
To update an assembly:
- In SOLIDWORKS, open an assembly previously built by CircuitWorks.
- In CircuitWorks, make the component changes or open a new ECAD file containing the changes.
- Click Build Model (Tools toolbar).
- In the dialog box, click Yes to update the open assembly. …
- To update the SOLIDWORKS assembly, do one:
Where is the Assembly toolbar in Solidworks?
To display SOLIDWORKS toolbars: Right-click in the window border and select or clear a toolbar name. Click Tools > Customize. On the Toolbars tab, select the toolbars to display.
How do you dissolve a subassembly in Creo?
Before you can delete a subassembly, you must delete its assembled components.
- Click EMX Assembly > Structure > Remove Subassemblies dialog box. The Delete Subassembly dialog box opens.
- Select the subassembly to delete from the list on the left. …
- Click to delete the subassembly.
How do you organize BOM in Solidworks?
Saving Sort Settings as a BOM Property
- Right-click a BOM table in an assembly or drawing.
- Set sort criteria for the table. For example, right-click a table column and click Sort.
- Under Sort Save, click Save current sort settings.
- Click OK. The current sort settings are saved as a BOM property.