How do you use lip and groove in Solidworks?
Create a lip, a groove, or both. Select a body or component on which to create the groove. Select a body or component on which to create the lip. Select a plane, a planar face, or a straight edge to define the direction of the lip and groove.
How do you make a groove in Solidworks?
To create a groove:
- Select a cylindrical face on a part where you want to place the groove. …
- Click Grooves (Toolbox toolbar) or Toolbox > Grooves .
- In the Grooves dialog box: …
- Select a standard, groove type, and available groove size from the lists on the top left of the tab. …
- Click Create.
What is lip and groove?
The Lip and Groove feature now covers more geometry and is more robust for cases where there are tiny faces around the parting line. You can now create a lip and groove feature when the interface between the lip and groove contains multiple faces, for example, for a mouse hole or a gap in the parting line.
What is a lip engineering?
LIP Engineering Abbreviation. 2. LIP. Local Implementation Plan. Structural, Technology, Locations.
How do I access my solidworks toolbox?
Welcome to Toolbox Setup
- In SOLIDWORKS, click Tools > Options > Hole Wizard/Toolbox > Configure .
- From Windows, click Start > All Programs > SOLIDWORKS version > SOLIDWORKS Tools > Toolbox Settings .
- When Toolbox is loaded and a document is open in SOLIDWORKS, click Toolbox > Configure.
How do you make a snap hook in Solidworks?
To create a fastening feature:
- Click a fastening feature tool (Fastening Features toolbar) or Insert > Fastening Feature, then select the type of fastening feature: Mounting Boss. Vent (Create a vent sketch first.) Snap Hook. Lip/Groove. …
- Set the PropertyManager options, then click .