How do I edit my profile family in Revit?
- Double-click an instance of the family in the drawing area.
- Select an instance of the family in the drawing area, and click Modify <Element> tab Mode panel (Edit Family).
- In the drawing area or the Project Browser (under Families), right-click the family, and click Edit. The family opens in the Family Editor.
How do you edit a family template in Revit?
- Create a new family from the desired family template.
- Edit as needed to get to your desired new family template.
- Save as a family (in the Templates folder or other appropriate location)
- Change the extension from .rfa to .rft (accept the file extension change warnings)
How do I edit reveal profile in Revit?
Change the Wall Reveal Profile
- Select a wall reveal in a 3D or elevation view, or click (Wall: Reveal). …
- On the Properties palette, click Edit Type, or click Modify | Place Reveal tab Properties panel Type Properties.
- In the Type Properties dialog, for Profile, select the desired profile type.
- Click OK.
How do you create a profile in Revit?
Create a Profile Family
- Click File tab New Family.
- In the New Family – Select Template File dialog, select a profile template, and click Open. …
- If necessary, sketch reference planes for constraining the lines in the profile.
- Click Create tab Detail panel (Line), and sketch the profile loop.
How do I make a Revit family from scratch?
To create a loadable family, you define the geometry and size of the family using a family template that is provided in Revit. You can then save the family as a separate Revit family file (. rfa file) and load it into any project. Depending on the complexity of the family, the creation process can be time-consuming.
What are family templates in Revit?
When you create a family, you are prompted to select a family template that corresponds to the type of element that the family will create. The template serves as a building block, containing the information that you need to start creating the family and that Revit needs to place the family in projects.
How do you edit a reveal?
Select a wall reveal in a 3D or elevation view, or click Home tab Build panel Wall drop-down Reveal. On the Properties palette, click Edit Type, or click Modify | Place Reveal tab Properties panel Type Properties. In the Type Properties dialog, for Profile, select the desired profile type. Click OK.
How do you reveal in Revit?
Add a Wall Reveal
- Open a 3D or non-parallel elevation view.
- Click Architecture tab Build panel Wall drop-down (Wall: Reveal).
- In the Type Selector, select the desired type of wall reveal.
- Click Modify | Place Wall Reveal Placement panel, and select the orientation of the wall reveal: Horizontal or Vertical.
How do you blend in Revit?
To create a blend, select the blend command. You are placed in the Sketch mode. Select a tool from the Draw menu to draw a closed-loop sketch for the base of the blend. Once the base sketch is complete, click Edit Top on the Mode panel of the contextual tab.