How do I edit a BOM in Solidworks?
Bill of Materials – Edit Text
- Double-click the BOM, or right-click the BOM and select Edit. While the bill of materials is active, it is displayed with row and column headers. …
- Edit the worksheet as needed, using Excel functions. You can perform these kinds of edits: …
- Click outside the worksheet to return to the drawing.
How do I use BOM in Solidworks?
To create a BOM directly from a part or assembly:
- With the part or assembly open, select Insert > Tables > Bill of Materials.
- Set the BOM properties in the Bill of Materials PropertyManager and click . To create a parts-only BOM, select Parts only for BOM Type. …
- Click the graphics area to place the BOM.
What should be included in a BOM?
Every line of the bill of materials (BOM) includes the product code, part name, part number, part revision, description, quantity, unit of measure, size, length, weight, and specifications or features of the product. The engineering BOM is often organized by engineers based on a computer-aided design (CAD) drawing.
How do I fill out a BOM?
What to include in an effective bill of materials
- BOM Level—Assign each part or assembly a number to detail where it fits in the hierarchy of the BOM. …
- Part Number—Assign a part number to each part or assembly in order to reference and identify parts quickly. …
- Part Name—Record the unique name of each part or assembly.
How do I move a row in SolidWorks bom?
You can group table rows and drag them, maintaining their relative distance.
To move multiple table rows:
- From an open table, press Ctrl and select rows to move in unison.
- Release Ctrl and click Group/ungroup selected rows .
- Drag the group of rows in the table.
- Click Group/ungroup selected rows to release the group.
How do I edit a general table in SolidWorks?
Editing a Design Table in a Drawing
- Double-click the design table in the drawing. The model opens in its own window, and the design table opens for editing.
- Modify the table as needed. When you are done, click outside of the table to close it.
- Return to the drawing window, and click Rebuild to see the updated table.
What is Bill of Materials SolidWorks?
You can create one or more Bills of Materials (BOMs) directly from an assembly or part without first creating a drawing. Use parts only BOMs when the assembly consists of only part components, or to display only parts. The resulting parts are ordered according to their listing in the FeatureManager design tree.
What is 150% BOM?
The 150% BoM is just another name for a variant structure, or more specifically, a configurable BoM which contains the ‘art of the possible’ of a product line. A variant BoM contains more parts and assemblies than actually needed to assemble the (final) product – the 150% of the parts.
What is BOM in ERP?
Bills of Material (BOM) refers to any base functionality that can be used to establish production modules within ERP systems. Manufactured Items are made up of components that are used to develop the products through production operation.
How do you manage bill of materials?
4 Tips for Better BOM Management
- Create an Effective BOM. Creating a BOM is rarely an issue, however, creating an effective BOM is where the difficulty lies. …
- Automate. Automation of a BOM is one of the most important factors to ensure successful BOM management. …
- Information Flow. …
- Change Management.